• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

PCV valve

Reaction score
So had a fun issue today. Noticed terrible shifting thought maybe the clutch fluid was so old it wasn't disengaging it all the way yada yada. So anyways I get home put her on the center stand and wam. Low oil. So being at 69k, I'm wondering if like a car my PCV valve is staying open and venting oil. Do these bikes have one? If so where and does anyone have a part #?? Thanks!

EDIT: All I can find in the book is a PCV breather system. No mention of a valve. Can something be clogged that would make her burn oil?

Last edited:
It seems Rotella changed their formula so it contains a bit more detergents now. So I think the bike is fine gonna dump the T6 and find a new oil! :/

The crankcase has a hose that goes directly to the air box for EPA regulations. No PVC present.
This can cause oil to be introduced into the intake.
I made this modification long ago and it works great. No residual oil showing externally and no more oil goo in the air box.
Consider this, the crank case must be vented for pressure release. It does NOT need the vacuum created by engine intake.

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108448&highlight=Air+box+breather+filter

Back