• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

GoPro Editing Apps Capture/Quik/Splice

Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Tips:

GoPro Editing Apps Capture/Quik/Splice

Note: The following applies to iPhone as well as iPad

On your iPad, install the GoPro Capture app. This app does more than just control your GoPro (Hero 3 and later) settings. You can move your video clips to your iPad using this app.

Download GoPro Quik and GoPro Splice (or one or the other, but they're free)

These are your fast edit apps. The difference is Splice has a few more bells and whistles

Upload your finished product to web hosting and/or YouTube or Vimeo, etc.

See YouTube tutorials on all this stuff to become an expert

Posted so you're aware these products are out there, and free :sun: :giveup:

Remember THE RULE: nobody wants to watch huge chunks of video you captured after you stuck your GoPro to your helmet. Keep videos short and change the POV often.

Have fun :eat:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A8QhSnM-Fg"]Edit GoPro Video On the Go - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Excellent Post! I wasn't aware of the Quik/Slice app and have been importing to the computer and using iMovie or similar products. I will have to give your workflow a try, thanks for sharing.

Tip #2:

I just got back from the Caymans and made a scuba video in minutes, never having used the Quik app or seeing a YouTube tutorial before.

https://vimeo.com/209290994

The wifi connection between your GoPro and your iPad does not pass video quickly, but it does the job. The tip is to plug your GoPro and your iPad into USB power, select your videos and photos en masse, and walk away.

When you return, have fun creating your masterpiece using Quik or Splice

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for the tip!

Now - where did I put that GoPro in the latest move? lol

The biggest problem I have with the GoPro is not editing, but actually doing anything worth watching. Any tips on that? :sun:

The biggest problem I have with the GoPro is not editing, but actually doing anything worth watching. Any tips on that? :sun:

Win the lotto...

Seems I spend time making money to pay bills, leaving little time to do what I really want to be doing. I'm not even chasing some corporate dream or trying to maintain a lavish lifestyle... :twitch:

Win the lotto...

Seems I spend time making money to pay bills, leaving little time to do what I really want to be doing. I'm not even chasing some corporate dream or trying to maintain a lavish lifestyle... :twitch:

Well, I sure some extra money would be a plus, but I'm just not an exciting rider. Maybe the key is I need to go out with those exciting riders and video them, and not my riding. :trust:

It helps to ride in exciting places ;-)

Tip: set your GoPro on still capture often, take photos of people. Insert into video between video clips.

GoPro Splice offers the Ken Burns effect FYI

In case you don't want to put up with slow wifi transfer speed:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJihZ8nAOYs"]Unboxing (Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader) | GoPro - YouTube[/ame]

Back