• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Dallas Motorcycle Show Jan 13-15th 2017

Well, even if I'd decided to go it wasn't going to happen. All three of us were sick all weekend long. Looks like you guys had fun.

I enjoyed it although driving in the metroplex is like going to a different planet compared my abode in a pasture. I saw the young men flying through the air with greatest of ease, sat on the Kawasaki Versy X (I can flat foot it), asked two Irishmen with travel companies if it rains in The Emerald Isle (I'll see if what they said is blarney), and talked to lot of sales people. Probably go back next year.

Actually, it's a cheap venue. Lots of space, not much demand, no unions to deal with.
The same can be said for Ft. Worth's place as well. I don't mind it being in either Dallas or Fort Worth. In all honesty, the convention center in Dallas is easier to get to off of the freeway.

And it is quite a bit more load in/out friendly than Fort Worth!

The same can be said for Ft. Worth's place as well. I don't mind it being in either Dallas or Fort Worth. In all honesty, the convention center in Dallas is easier to get to off of the freeway.

And it is quite a bit more load in/out friendly than Fort Worth!

I remember the Tarrant County CC on the Joshua Tree tour with U2. Trying to fit all that in the space plus the film crews & equipment for Rattle & Hum. Certainly for the fans it was amazing as the stage went 2/3rds into the arena floor!

I was on my way up on Thursday to go to the show but two pitbulls intercepted me between Hearne and Calvert while I was running about 70. Got a tour of the ER in Bryan. Lucky and blessed as I escaped with a slightly broken wrist and a couple damaged tendons in my hands. Honda Goldwing 14 Pitbulls 3. Iwon.

I'm sorry that happened. I don't have much respect for people that leave their animals free to chase cars etc.

Double down on that last statement when they are large predator type dogs. What if that would have been a little 10 year old girl riding her bike along the highway shoulder with her mom? I know it isn't the most adviseable activity for a mom and her kid. But I do see that and pedestrian traffic fairly often along the side of country roads with shoulders. Guess it is the only pavement available for some. I hate that you and the bike got injured in the affair, and then also had to miss the show. Hope that gold wing left both those dogs flattened out on the highway so they can't do anyone else harm. Shame they didnt have a more responsible owner in the first place.

Thanks guys, those two dogs won't be a problem for motorcyclists in the future. Weird thing is the impact threw me off the bike but the bike stayed upright and went straight down the road until it ran out of momentum and then just tipped over on the pegs and engine guards! Minimal damage! My friend that was following said it was the craziest thing he has ever seen. The bike self parked its self! A fellow winger said he has heard of this before. Thanks again back to the show. Don't want to jack the post.

I was on my way up on Thursday to go to the show but two pitbulls intercepted me between Hearne and Calvert while I was running about 70. Got a tour of the ER in Bryan. Lucky and blessed as I escaped with a slightly broken wrist and a couple damaged tendons in my hands. Honda Goldwing 14 Pitbulls 3. Iwon.

Ouch! Glad you are ok!! ... I ran over a dog that chased after me back in April. I'm still amazed the bike stayed upright.

Dang, I somehow missed out on catching that horsepower wars discussion. Would liked to have heard and got all the low down. Next time I'm going all 3 days!

We went and enjoyed it, but it was a little disappointing not having Honda and Triumph there. The little Honda of Dallas booth was packed to the gills so we didn't even try to get close to the bikes. I did get to crawl all over the Concours and FJR. My vote for best display would probably go to Ducati for all manner of beauty on display, with Kawasaki second because they had pretty much everything they offer on display, including a couple HP2's.

I should also pay more attention, I didn't even know Heggstad was presenting.

Back