• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Blackbear Pass - 2014

_RG_

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
A quick trip down those steps. :eek2:

[ame="http://youtu.be/spKN_SZYaus"]http://youtu.be/spKN_SZYaus[/ame]

The bear switchbacks from near Friendship Tunnel.

Blackbear.jpg

Last edited:
Like a boss. Recently saw video of a guy alone on a GSA do it, but much slower and he hugged the inside where the steps are worst. I like how you took the brave line.

**** of a vacation !! You know how to do it right.

Very nice, and I second Rusty's comment about taking the brave line. And for those that haven't been there, this video does not do the grade justice at all. It is way steeper than it appears on the video, and more importantly, that drop off to the left is much further down if you mess up.

Awesome ride!

Yep, I hugged the inside on my DRZ and it was a pain doing the steps. Still don't think I'd do the outside line though. Risk factor is too high.

Yep, that outside drop could be rough. Cameras just flatten out these things but you can hear the rear tire dragging down most of the ride. As they say in Moab - "It ain't flat!"

Very nice, and I second Rusty's comment about taking the brave line. And for those that haven't been there, this video does not do the grade justice at all. It is way steeper than it appears on the video, and more importantly, that drop off to the left is much further down if you mess up.

Awesome ride!

All Heck no, that does not do it justice. I remember the first time I ran that in high school in a full size Bronco. Jeeps after that. Even tight in a Jeep. Several of the switch backs require one to back up to make the cuts in the corners:eek:

Back