• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Friday Night Ice Cream Bikes, 6:30 PM

Reaction score
Ken made me do it........ :trust:

It's summer (somewhere).
In respect of history, of summers gone by, over decades, in points all over the world (NY, ME, OR, CA, OH, TX, UT, Rome, Munich, couldn't find ice cream in Israel.), I proclaim Friday nights:

Ice Cream Night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In a town, far far away,
These are the rides of the
bikes of Tarrant County.

Their continuing mission to
explore strange new places;
to seek out new ice cream,
to boldly go where no rider
has gone before!

It's the Friday Night Ice Cream Bikes!

We already started last Friday.
Burger Box, Glenview Dr., Richland Hills. 6:30 pm

It's in the northeast corner of Fort Worth - Richland Hills:

Here is the map for Burger Box (address is 7700 Glenview, fudged to get the arrow in the right place - a Denton Don trick).

It is on the SE corner of Glenview (west extension of Pipeline) and Booth-Calloway.

We gotta find better ice cream somewhere (but we keep going back to BB).

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Friday Night Ice Cream Bikes, 6/8 7:15 PM

I will be SOOO ready for some good ice cream, 'specially after last night's faux cream.

I apologize for the diappointment with the ice cream. Next time I see the owner I'll mention that to him.

I apologize for the diappointment with the ice cream. Next time I see the owner I'll mention that to him.
It's not your fault, Ken.
if they need an ice cream consultant, give them my name :trust:

See you Friday?

What about Marble Slab or Cold Stone Creamery? It doesn't get much better than that.

I guess for the good of the "Group" I should sacrific myself and do some Ice Cream Parlor exploration. For the Group of course.

There was a place in North Richland Hills that I used to take my kids too that had great ice cream sundaes. One of those "Trendy" places. The Marble Slab Creamory or something like that. I'll swing by there in the next few days and see if they are still there and digging out those great Sundaes.

There was another one called the "Purple Cow" but I can;t remember exackly where that was right now. On Harwood I think!

I know Southlake has a few also.

But, you'll have a hard time beatin Blue Bell..... Just getting your moneys worth will be the hardest part.

I'll report on my findings as I do the taste test. On the down low of course.

Lucky for me my wife doesn't read this Forum.:mrgreen:

Curtis

Anybody thought about having a build your own sundae ice cream party?

It's not your fault, Ken.
if they need an ice cream consultant, give them my name :trust:

See you Friday?

I will definately tell Curtis about your "expertise" with ice cream. I don't know if I'll be there Friday or not. It's summer, and I don't think that far ahead.

The Burger Box in Richland Hills is located at 7700 Glenview Drive. Maps:

http://www.mapsonus.com/swy.5/dir/mapresults.htm?FUNC=MAP&MEM=5&LO=7700+Glenview,+Richland+hills+TX

http://maps.google.com/maps?tab=wl

Glenview is the same road as Pipeline. The name changes at I820. Wherever you are, take I820 to the Pipeline/Glenview exit just south of 121/I820 interchange. Head west on Glenview and the Burger Box will be on the left just before the first light. We can use the paved parking area between the drive-through lane and Glenview. It is not striped for cars and is large enough to hold 30-40 motorcycles. It is also a long way from the fire ants.

Warning--the light is equipped with a red light camera. The speed limit on Glenview is 30mph and the area is heavily patrolled.

What about Marble Slab or Cold Stone Creamery? It doesn't get much better than that.
Oh it does: Amy's ice cream in Austin ROOOLZ!!!! wish we had it here.

I guess for the good of the "Group" I should sacrific myself and do some Ice Cream Parlor exploration. For the Group of course.
There was another one called the "Purple Cow" but I can;t remember exackly where that was right now. On Harwood I think!
Hulen and 121. Was there last Sunday. Ice cream is okay, not great.

Anybody thought about having a build your own sundae ice cream party?
Well, yes, but I'm not going to spill the beans until he's ready ;)

Warning--the light is equipped with a red light camera. The speed limit on Glenview is 30mph and the area is heavily patrolled.
Yes, by TWT riders :rofl:

Y'all need to ride up here to Denton and try Beth Marie's Old Fashioned Ice Cream on the Courthouse Square. They make their own ice cream on site and it is GOOD! They have lots of flavors too...

http://www.bethmaries.com/

So, are we doing this at Burger Box again? Sorry, im confused as ussual :giveup:

Y'all need to ride up here to Denton and try Beth Marie's Old Fashioned Ice Cream on the Courthouse Square. They make their own ice cream on site and it is GOOD! They have lots of flavors too...

http://www.bethmaries.com/

Another thumbs up to Beth Maries in Denton on the south side of the square. If you are ever eating at Babe's in Sanger or having a hot ride, they also have a store on the south side of the town Square in Sanger, just around the corner from Babe's.

Another thumbs up to Beth Maries in Denton on the south side of the square. If you are ever eating at Babe's in Sanger or having a hot ride, they also have a store on the south side of the town Square in Sanger, just around the corner from Babe's.
I'd like to try both, but not on a Friday night :)
Hmm.... a Sunday break from mowing prairie jungle grass? :trust:

THis is only a couple miles from the Sonic bike night in Hurst....

Hmmm I think I will stop by for a bowl on my way to the dance hall. C&W boot scootin later tonight!

I'd love to meet y'all at the Burger Box, but I'm not up to the stress of the ride down from Denton on a Friday night. It's quite an obstacle course out there on the freeways at this time of day/week. :eek2:

A Sunday ice cream break sounds pretty good though...

'Twas fun, y'all!! Nice to see you again Susan. We saw you brought your other half with ya ;) What's his name again? (Hi, Chuck :)

Same place next week. Look good; we're having our picture taken for BB's website. TWT at BB's. :rofl:

Fun ride home, Ryan and Ken!

Yup. :rider:

Back