• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hay there, ladies n fellas!

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Garza
HA! I finally joined after pestering the guys on advrider for so long.. Oldslowguy, referred me here saying I was more likely to find potential for some group rides at this forum considering my demographics and location.. I find myself not having enough time to ride all the way up to Waco/Houston/Dallas for a weekend ride. (With my newborn girl :sun:, I have to jam time in for riding when and if I get the chance ) I hope this forum does have some good riders I can hook-up with and ride some trails. I'm new to the area so I haven;t actually ventured out on my own and found decent trails to ride on...
I've been resorting to fresh construction on new neighborhoods.. tends to gets old. Especially all alone:yawn:

Below is a pic of my hunny bun. ;-)

Attachments

• my bike.jpg
    my bike.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 96
Welcome to the site! :wave:

South Texas is a BIG place. Where exactly are you? That might help with hooking up with other riders. I hear you on the time factor with the kids. Mine are 7, 5, and 3. I love hanging out with them so it does take a toll on my riding time. Lucky for me, the two oldest have started riding a CRF50 I picked up a few months ago. They are having a blast with it. Hopefully, I will soon get to start them on some trail riding so we can ride together :dude:

Welcome to the club, as mentioned where in south Texas are you.. It's still a long way from Seattle, but there are a lot of active riders in this club.. Hope you enjoy it here and get to make some new friends and have some great rides.

Gary (ex Austin!!).

Welcome! I live over in southeast Texas and between twelve hour shift work and family time I understand how hard it is to get in some riding time. Of course after eight months of drought I finally buy a new bike and it hasn't stopped raining since, go figure.:-(

Welcome and I'm sure you will have no problem finding others interested in riding.

:mrgreen: That's what I wanted to hear! :mrgreen:
Welcome to the site! :wave:

South Texas is a BIG place. Where exactly are you? That might help with hooking up with other riders. I hear you on the time factor with the kids. Mine are 7, 5, and 3. I love hanging out with them so it does take a toll on my riding time. Lucky for me, the two oldest have started riding a CRF50 I picked up a few months ago. They are having a blast with it. Hopefully, I will soon get to start them on some trail riding so we can ride together :dude:

I don't have any time to ride, but even when I do have time I feel bad leaving my wife alone with the baby... But hey, I HAVE to ride! One things for sure, when my baby girl becomes old enough to mount a rocking horse im getting her a little 50cc dirt bike. She's gonna be my little riding buddy! :rider: :lol2:

Welcome to the club, as mentioned where in south Texas are you.. It's still a long way from Seattle, but there are a lot of active riders in this club.. Hope you enjoy it here and get to make some new friends and have some great rides.

Gary (ex Austin!!).

Welcome! I live over in southeast Texas and between twelve hour shift work and family time I understand how hard it is to get in some riding time. Of course after eight months of drought I finally buy a new bike and it hasn't stopped raining since, go figure.:-(

I know!!! The long needed rain comes when I buy a bike.. But, I was so excited about my bike that I went riding in the rain and cold anyway... (then shortly after I learned about the dangers of hypothermia...:eek2:) I need some winter gloves!

Anyway, I live in Laredo right now, but I have a house in San Antonio which I visit at least twice a month. (Wife's fam lives in San Antonio) So i'm pretty flexible on the road trip up to Bastrop... Its only about 1 1/2 - 2 hrs away. ;-)

I don't have any time to ride, but even when I do have time I feel bad leaving my wife alone with the baby... But hey, I HAVE to ride! One things for sure, when my baby girl becomes old enough to mount a rocking horse im getting her a little 50cc dirt bike. She's gonna be my little riding buddy! :rider: :lol2:

:tab Don't worry. There will be times when you start getting stressed from a lack of riding and your wife will probably "suggest" that it might be a good idea for you to go for a ride. Mine does. It is her nice way of telling me I need to decompress :lol2:

:tab It will seem like forever while you wait for them to get old enough to ride a little 50, and then when they do it will seem like it was just a blink of an eye since they first arrived on the scene...

http://twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66916

One things for sure, when my baby girl becomes old enough to mount a rocking horse im getting her a little 50cc dirt bike. She's gonna be my little riding buddy! :rider: :lol2:

Don't wait too long, my girls started riding when they were 5 years old and quickly progressed from 50cc twist and goes to XR100's.. I love riding with them, even if it is a bit slow for me!! Enjoy it whilst you can, It wont be too long before they are complaining that they have to wait for Dad/granddad to catch up..:lol2:

Gary

:tab Don't worry. There will be times when you start getting stressed from a lack of riding and your wife will probably "suggest" that it might be a good idea for you to go for a ride. Mine does. It is her nice way of telling me I need to decompress :lol2:

:tab It will seem like forever while you wait for them to get old enough to ride a little 50, and then when they do it will seem like it was just a blink of an eye since they first arrived on the scene...

http://twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66916

Don't wait too long, my girls started riding when they were 5 years old and quickly progressed from 50cc twist and goes to XR100's.. I love riding with them, even if it is a bit slow for me!! Enjoy it whilst you can, It wont be too long before they are complaining that they have to wait for Dad/granddad to catch up..:lol2:

Gary

I'm taking them on trails like this... first day. :-P JK! :lol2:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1D1yP_xXD4&list=UUNwwrC0iO7EF1OLpNjrl4NA&index=2&feature=plcp"]Eddy's X-Treme Enduro. Tong 2012 (1) - YouTube[/ame]
On a serious note... Where can we find trails LIKE THIS ----^^^^ :mrgreen: :rider:

Back