• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Biker Gangs still giving Motorcyclists a bad rap.

Reaction score
First Name
Stuart
Last Name
Brogden
No Attention for Daylight Highway Stabbing in Alabama

A frightening event happened March 28 on an Alabama highway. The event has received no national attention apart from a lone story in the Macon Beacon in Macon, Mississippi. Not only was the event frightening, but the response — or lack thereof — by Alabama law enforcement authorities was almost as frightening. The local media, including the Birmingham News, failed to cover the shocking attack. With the flurry of national media attention the Trayvon Martin killing has received, why hasn’t the daylight stabbing of Nick Stokes received any attention?

Your first guess might be right.

The rest of the story at the link at the top.

Apparently, the local cops are AFRAID of that "social biker club". :giveup:

Actually, this story provides yet another example of why unlicensed open carry is the right idea - alignment with Constitution and does not require the permission of those "law enforcement" officials. The ones who are afraid of criminals and do not "serve and protect" those who attempt to abide by the law (although, as many laws as we have, lots of cops brag that they can arrest anyone at anytime for something).

After reading the account in the Birmingham News, I almost want to go beat that trucker myself, for interfering that the "social club." Gee, to hear the newspaper tell it, you'd think he drove through the park and ran over their picnic basket.

Apparently, the local cops are AFRAID of that "social biker club". :giveup:

Actually, this story provides yet another example of why unlicensed open carry is the right idea - alignment with Constitution and does not require the permission of those "law enforcement" officials. The ones who are afraid of criminals and do not "serve and protect" those who attempt to abide by the law (although, as many laws as we have, lots of cops brag that they can arrest anyone at anytime for something).

I doubt they are afraid of them. But I bet they do want to avoid the paperwork nightmare and publicity nightmare if they got involved with a scene like that. Sounds like they picking and choosing their battles. Pretty sorry police work, but I have seen it before so it is not surprising:sun:

They need to bypass the locals if they aren't doing anything. Go to state police or even FBI might be interested in a RICO case. 40 bikers; you better have several spare magazines if you want to start a gun fight ;-)

They need to bypass the locals if they aren't doing anything. Go to state police or even FBI might be interested in a RICO case. 40 bikers; you better have several spare magazines if you want to start a gun fight ;-)

At the very least they could classify it as a hate crime to get the FBI involved.

At the very least they could classify it as a hate crime to get the FBI involved.

I dunno - hard to get Eric Holder (or Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton) to see "hate" or "racism" on the part of a hoodlum sharing their skin color.

Maybe it would have made the news if the trucker had been wearing a 'hoodie'. :giveup:

Wow. Just wow. I wasn't there, but I have to second guess this guy's decisions.

Stokes said when he noticed the injured man flailing in the roadway he stopped, worried about leaving the scene of an accident. Stokes said he was getting out of his truck to go check on Clay ...

Say what? Going back?

“I jumped back in the truck and took off until I could find a busy intersection and that’s where I stopped.”

Seriously? He stopped?? For heaven's sake, why?

Stokes said he and Cooper were immediately surrounded by a gang of black bikers, all with black bandanas covering the bottom half of their faces.

The gang forced him out of the truck and commenced their revenge attack. “After I saw the knife and then felt the stabbings I fell to the ground and played dead — I think that may have saved my life,” he said.

They're going to have a hard time pulling me out of a truck at 50mph when I'm playing bumper cars with their hawgz :trust:

Stokes says the incident was eye-opening for him. “I wish I would have done more to keep from stopping,” he says. “Next time I’m going to keep driving, following my GPS to the nearest police station and I recommend that’s what anyone else in a similar situation do,” he said.

Ya think?

They're going to have a hard time pulling me out of a truck at 50mph when I'm playing bumper cars with their hawgz :trust:

This is what makes me think there's a little more to the story. How do a bunch of guys on motorcycles "force" a big rig driver out of the cab?

Bear in mind that he wasn't driving a big rig - it was a pickup truck. Not that easy to go bump-bump over a large bike. But in any case, very few people are going to run somebody down, even if they "feel" threatened. Lacking any strong evidence of immediate threat, that's an automatic manslaughter charge. He had to stop in the first place.

From there, he made a choice to stop again. Maybe because he felt compelled to check on a possible injury (some people are wired that way), or he may have realized he was going to be run down anyway, and thought an intersection with lots of people around would neutralize the situation. Sadly, it didn't work.

This is what makes me think there's a little more to the story. How do a bunch of guys on motorcycles "force" a big rig driver out of the cab?

I'm curious too. And did everyone agree spraying gravel was an accident? I've seen this before, and it obviously was not an accident.

And for some odd reason, even police officers have attempted to grab onto a vehicle as it pulls away and sometimes with fatal results. So it is believable the biker attempted to jump onto the truck or trailer and fell. But this could appear to his buddies the driver hit him as he pulled away. That would put me in a very evil mood if I believed this was done to a friend.

No conclusions from our speculation, only more speculation.

He wasn't in a bigrig, and the rest I don't know. Maybe they pulled a gun on him, maybe he hadn't locked the door, I don't know, but I don't find it incredulous that the driver of a stopped pickup could be forced out.

This gives motorcyclist bad names, and gives traditional 3 piece MC's bad names. It is bad for everyone in the motorcycle community. I hope those scum find themselves in a prison cell within a year.

Yeah, I bet you're right. This sounds like "a black guy did it" type story. Maybe that's why the sheriff isn't hot on the case.

Bear in mind that he wasn't driving a big rig - it was a pickup truck. Not that easy to go bump-bump over a large bike.

Who said anything about going over the bike, all a truck at 60 mph has to do is push a fender into the bike and it's going to be a You Tube-worthy crash sequence for the bike.

Who said anything about going over the bike, all a truck at 60 mph has to do is push a fender into the bike and it's going to be a You Tube-worthy crash sequence for the bike.

Not as fragile as one might think...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw-rR-ge1xc"]Motorcycle Jacking Chase - YouTube[/ame]

...personaly, if I eat gravel following a vehicle... im too darn
close and I should be wearing a helmet.

Back