• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RideOnAdv Review

Reaction score
Hey all - I wanted to post up about RideOnAdv who has been meeting all my ADV needs for my 2012 Super Tenere. They handle all my parts and any installation work or customization's I wanted to make.

RideOnAdv has excellent customer service and I couldn't be happier with how my bike has turned out. Just to go through a few of the many mods I have done, I ordered things like my Uni Air Filters, power commander, and Arrow Exhaust system through them. They also handled my Ohlins rear shock and front forks order, and assisted in setting my suspension up the way I wanted it.

Aside from the many deals they can get you on parts, RideOnAdv's custom work is excellent. Things like the custom made Skid plates and kickstand feet are unbelievable quality, and have proven to be extremely durable during my travels.

Bolt on's and custom built add-ons are most of what I've worked on with RideOnAdv, but they worked with me to do some custom cosmetic changes such as powder coating and painting to get the final bike look I wanted.

Definitely look them up and give them a call if you're in the market for anything, you'll be extremely pleased!

DSC_0307_zps9bd412ab.jpg

DSC_0263_zps82dd230e.jpg

DSC_0249_zpse6c4e478.jpg

DSC_0187_zps4f97b4fd.jpg

DSC_0159_zps605ca7c5.jpg

Wow... that is a HUGE bashplate!! Any idea what it weighs? Does it affect engine cooling at all, particularly at lower speeds?

So where are these guys located?

North Fort Worth is where the shop is. Was convenient for me living in the DFW area. I know they work with folks all over the country though.

I haven't had any problems with cooling, even riding slowly in the summer in sandy Utah. Might be more of a problem if the engine was air cooled?

Is the bash plate aluminum?

I like the red contrast on the bike :thumb:

Looks like it would be a pain to remove the skid each time for oil changes. Or do you just use the drain holes and let the inside surface get oily? I could never do my changes like that, just too messy. If I see oil residue I freak out thinking something is leaking.

_

Their website says you don't have to remove it to do oil changes. I think there is an access panel on the front that can be removed so you can reach the filter. I guess there is a hole in the bottom for the drain? Might get messy right below the filter though when it comes off...

Correct, there's a panel on the front to remove the oil filter, and a drain panel on the bottom to let the oil out. Occasionally I get a little oil inside the bash plate but I just wipe it out and its all good to go!

Back