• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Giant Loop Coyote???

I know you asked about Giant Loop gear, but since I've never used their stuff,
let me show you what I wound up using

I bought these Dakar soft bags by SW Motech b/c camping was called for and I'm out riding a week or longer. They're 40-45L per side, quite large in capacity, and all that dead weight is slung down low, so when cutting switchbacks, bike don't feel top heavy. SWM make them specific to your bike, but these are the universal fit ones, attach to existing side racks, w/ a wide flat velcro belt strapped over the back seat.
Img_1080.jpg

I wound up sending them back after my whirlwind adv ride to Big Bend and Mextrek b/c the stitching at the seat straps unraveled. It just didn't strap right against my Vstrom racks. Had they fitted better, and held up, I'd call it a done deal. So I don't recommend the universal fit ones, but the dedicated ones that comes with its own side rack support should hold up much better.

Now, when I motel it, no camping gear... I only need a 35L duffel. ANything more is overkill to me. on an ADV bike, there's plenty of back space to strap even the largest duffel sideways.
image.jpg

Dao, I surely get the "weight down low" benefits. Having done it tragically wrong once upon a time... on a KLR no less. Same bike later with load evenly set on either side... same trails, too. Totally different experience. And, yep, the camping versus moteling divide changes that capacity equation altogether. Whatever bag I use should come with a little genie who pops out and starts chunking all the utterly useless crapola that never ever sees daylight on every trip. :doh:

Back