• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2017 january Hco pie run reports.

https://youtu.be/CFTctbJhm_w Short video from Saturday 1-28-17

I didn't know that it was on TV. Five years ago. [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_ciyYEGVSs"]TV Series - Pie at the Koffee Kup Kafe - Producer "Texas 2 Wheelin" - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Only about 430 miles or so for us today. Sarah was a real trooper sitting on the back for that long. She enjoyed a nice long creek crossing as well. I think it was Gary Creek near Sugarloaf Mountain? Had to ride upstream a bit before getting out on the other side.

She had a great time despite the cold. A BIG thanks to Snoopster for letting Sarah use her heated liner and gloves!! :sun: Although, I think Sarah learned not to run the gloves on quite so hot a setting. Her hands turned red!! :brainsnap

It was nice to see everyone. I am now off to raid the Ibuprofen bottle... :twitch:

JanPieRunHico.jpg

I counted 54 bikes and two side cars.

Around 450 miles for me including some neat dirt roads and a couple of creek crossings coming home.

Attachments

• 16402947_10212434730642785_5895674322930549157_o.jpg
    16402947_10212434730642785_5895674322930549157_o.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 233
  • 16422365_10212434735562908_2579368146569820542_o.jpg
    16422365_10212434735562908_2579368146569820542_o.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 232
  • 14440608_10211073828061071_4129551698624306910_n.jpg
    14440608_10211073828061071_4129551698624306910_n.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 231
Between Houston to Killeen and Killeen to Hico and Hico to Gatesville (via Rod's suggested route) and Gatesville to Houston Jay and I managed to put 623 miles on each of the Wee's. :rider::rider: We're definitely going to have to get some heated gear though :rofl:

I've got some photos to post but it will be next Saturday before I can because of a week long work obligation in Savannah starting this evening.

Great seeing everyone. Great conversation. Great food. Jay still hasn't broken out his Black Forest pie yet to sample.

Steve, thanks for bringing the extender piece for Jay's Wee. Mitch thanks for picking up the plate, hopefully you charged a carrying fee. Rod thanks for the after Hico route, definitely was nice and sweepy. :rider:

Mitch thanks for picking up the plate, hopefully you charged a carrying fee.

Oh yes ... having one fabricated from titanium by Chip Foose would be cheaper.

Great meeting you. Hope to see you at another gathering soon.

Man, I'm kinda bummed I missed some good pie :c I was going to be a surprise visitor, but had to attend a funeral last minute.

Where are your trademark photos, Scott? ;)

Also, that video is cool, but would've been awesome if it had some video from yesterday :D

Nonetheless, hope you guys enjoyed. Lets see those ride reports!

Last edited:
QUOTE : drfood
Between Houston to Killeen and Killeen to Hico and Hico to Gatesville (via Rod's suggested route) and Gatesville to Houston Jay and I managed to put 623 miles on each of the Wee's. :rider::rider: We're definitely going to have to get some heated gear though :rofl:
Rod thanks for the after Hico route, definitely was nice and sweepy. :rider:
----------------------------------------
....& I showed great restraint in givin yall a route without too many road changes!
When yall come bac this direction...& hav a bit more time.... I'll take ya on a goatpath tour deluxe

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, posted the ride report in the wrong place. Left Village Mills (east tx 40 mi north of Beaumont) Friday, destination Gatesville. Breakfast in Livingston, off we go. Attacked by a pitbull at Trinity gas station, behind chicken truck near Loss........Vought between two trucks. Lots of cleaning after. Stayed in Gatesville, and saw two dirt bikes on trailer with TWT stickers. In the morning, loaded up, took the bike off of center stand @#-&% flat tire. Added air, seemed to hold ( tube type tire) nko external damage. Headed to Goldthweight getting some counties. Tire getting low, off to Hamilton, no bike shops.....added air, off to Killeen. Added air in Lamasas, Yamaha dealer in Killeen replaced tube. By then its 2:00PM. Headed home, stopped in Marquez for pie........no pie, so we settled for cold cobbler, and returned home with no more problems. Bikes Yamaha R3, and Kawasaki W650. Phil

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmkynYwgSe0"]Pie Run - YouTube[/ame]

Sarah really liked that dog. You should have heard it cry when she stopped loving on it :eek2: :lol2:

Almost exactly 400 miles for me.
Inexplicably, Hico is my favorite pie run... even the year it was 28 degrees... and this was my first ride of any significance since a mishap in August. It was great to be on the bike, great to see familiar faces. Could have been better only if Jeff Hansen had showed up.

My wife and I had a great time again this year. I met Scott Friday, Rod the tie-died map guy, Tossin Lead Jeff, Norton John, and Mary.

We left Lubbock at 21 degrees, thawed out by Hico, and reached a nice and toasty 61 by San Antonio. Great hill country ride home on Sunday. 900 miles in all.

My wife and I had a great time again this year. I met Scott Friday, Rod the tie-died map guy, Tossin Lead Jeff, Norton John, and Mary.

We left Lubbock at 21 degrees, thawed out by Hico, and reached a nice and toasty 61 by San Antonio. Great hill country ride home on Sunday. 900 miles in all.

I don't know how you guys did that without some kind of electrics!? :brainsnap

You definitely get the hard core award :lol2:

Almost exactly 400 miles for me.

Inexplicably, Hico is my favorite pie run... even the year it was 28 degrees... and this was my first ride of any significance since a mishap in August. It was great to be on the bike, great to see familiar faces. Could have been better only if Jeff Hansen had showed up.

Jeff Hansen was asleep in a warm bed in Chicago! Hico is one of my favorite pie runs. Sorry I missed it. I'm still on "the physically unable to ride" list. Therapy continues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back