• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

new from Southern California, looking for mechanic

Reaction score
hey all, I'm new to the site, im in search of someone who has done the electric start conversion on the Honda xr400. ill pay and deliver the bike within reason. everyone seems scared to do it... let me know, on here, or text sean @ 805-345-6827...

Welcome to the site :wave:

Are you talking about just doing a Baja Designs kit (or something similar)? I've never done one myself, but I find it hard to believe no one in California can do it? :scratch: Have you posted on Advrider.com? You might be able to find someone closer that can do it and save on shipping the bike. Getting it all the way here to Texas wouldn't be cheap!

Welcome to the site :wave:

Are you talking about just doing a Baja Designs kit (or something similar)? I've never done one myself, but I find it hard to believe no one in California can do it? :scratch: Have you posted on Advrider.com? You might be able to find someone closer that can do it and save on shipping the bike. Getting it all the way here to Texas wouldn't be cheap!

No he means adding a magic electric start button to the kickstart only XR400. You can swap engine cases and other bits from a Honda TRX400 quad to do this.

Which leads to my question to OP, do you have all the parts needed to do conversion and need labor only? Or do you want someone to contract out the entire package? That will make a difference to who might want to do it.

Not saying he'll want to do either of the above, but TWT member <E.Marquez> has done lots of overhaul work for members here with glowing reviews. He would be my first inquiry.

_

Back