• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

ISO - Battery Tender Ring Harnesses

NPHLYT

Reaction score
First Name
Jim
I am in need of a few SAE to ring connector harnesses to leave on a few bikes and cars. All of the ones I have found are fused, but the ones that came with my 6v and 12v Battery Tenders are non-fused. Any idea where I can score some non-fised ones?

My concern is the location of the fuse, but the **** factor of getting to it is better than having fried electronics. The Harley I am working on at the moment I have to pull the back rest off to get the seat off to get to the battery. The TW200 I need to pull 2 bolts that are under the seat.

I've picked up some unfused SAE pigtails at the local electrical hobby supply. EPO on SH3 in Webster. It was several years ago, but they may still have them. The only trick is the two conductor wire is not color coded but that's not a big deal; you just have to trace the exposed connector to the negative side of the battery.

I've picked up some unfused SAE pigtails at the local electrical hobby supply. EPO on SH3 in Webster. It was several years ago, but they may still have them. The only trick is the two conductor wire is not color coded but that's not a big deal; you just have to trace the exposed connector to the negative side of the battery.

EPO in Houston does not. Just ordered a few fused ones from Amazon.

I would suggest getting some fused leads and put in a 15 amp fuse, it shouldn't blow under any normal use, but if there was ever a short, it would save the battery and wiring form catching fire.

Gary

A battery tender charges the battery at no more than 1.5A. If something causes a 10A fuse to blow on that line, you have a serious problem. Keep the fuse, don't start forest fires. :mrgreen:

AutoZone has them. They also have a pig tail for trailers that you can cut in half, add the rings yourself and you'll have 2. Just one of them you'll have to be careful getting the polarity correct bc the wire colors will be backwards.

Autozone had some here in League City until I bought the 3 they had. Had to walk through the whole store to find them as they weren't around anything electrical, they were hanging on a hook next to the carwash/wax.

Last edited:
I but them in bulk from DellCity and make them up as I need them . Always have a handful of them on the shelf .

The fuse in a tender hook up is 1.5 amp , it will blow instantly when hooked to any accessory . All my accessory plugs go to the fuse box so nothing is unprotected .

Last edited:
Back