• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

CTOR Late notice

Reaction score
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
Slover
Ok, looks like Carl, Sam and I are going to ride CTOR tomorrow
should get there about 9:30 to ride until around 3 and then head home
hope some others can make it

email at sotguy@gmail.com if you want to meet up

Great ride! :rider: Lots of cloud cover, I think it only got to 92 or 93 deg. :sun: We rode till at least 4:00. We found several new trails I had not seen before. We started on trail 1, then rode trail 4 and some of 3. After lunch we started out on trail 2 and then finished riding 3, then while trying to find a road we had seen earlier, we rode some of trail 4 again. But we were never lost, just exploring the same area several times. ;-) Thanks Bud & Carl, I had a great day. Sam

Sam, always a pleasure to ride with you my friend. Feel I learn something each time.

It was a great day to ride, temps were good, friends were great, crowd was small it was almost like we had our own private riding area.

are you guys members out there or do they allow daily rates? ( i couldnt see anything about daily rates on their site)

If you call first, (as Bud did, thanks Bud) Benny will set up a time and meet you there. You do need to go with someone who has been there before. Benny like people to ride together. Or you can just go with Bud next time he sets this up. We really like the place, the only problem is we live so far south, we don't make it up there enough to join. Sam

I had a blast riding Saturday with you guys. Muscling the beast around gave me a pretty good workout too.

CTOR was a fun place and pretty technical, at least for me. Lots of good riding for sure. :)

We were riding Hidden falls on Saturday and could not believe how lucky we were with the weather.. All those clouds kept it cool, I had never thought of riding in 95 degree heat to be cool, but after all the 100+ days, it actually felt cool, we had a fantastic time, sounds like the weather was equally good for you at CTOR.. I will have to join you all for a ride there sometime!!

Gary

Well I would like to add alittle story here. :yawn: While Bud, Carl and I were riding CTOR, we climbed up from the valley to an overlook called Will's Hill. :flip: Not an easy climb. When I saw the sign I thought about Will H. an old riding buddy who is a member of CTOR. I talked to him on the phone today and his response was "no that is for Will Rich" but he has not seen Will in a coons age. :ponder: Well I had to tell him that Will R. has been riding D/S and street for awhile. Just a story I thought ya'll would like. Still not sure of why it's called Will's Hill.
Sam

Hey Sam, I haven't seen Will Hendrix in quite a while-rode on his row many a race. I cleared a lot of trail when CTOR first opened, probably a hill from the good 'ol days!

Well, you did a great job. That last 100 feet or so, loose rocks, curves, logs, was lots of fun.
You need to come out and ride with us sometime. It's not like we kill ourselves, we did 30 miles in 5 hours. We relax alot. :trust: Sam

Back