• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SHNF trail condition

Reaction score
Just want to know what the trail condition is. There's was a lot of rain two days ago. So I was surprised when I called the ranger office's number, and the automatic recording says the trails are open. I just want to make sure the trails are open and dry before I drive all the way up there. Is the automatic recording usually reliable?

I would be amazed, flabbergasted, shocked, stunned,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if the trails were too wet to ride.

SHNF is the best after some rain. Dry equals sand, sand and more sand. Wet means some mudholes and fun, fun, fun.

And to answer your question, Yes the Ranger Station recording is very accurate. But it can also change quickly. It even gets updated Saturday morning so can change either way at a moments notice.

_

I love the sand But damp is even better.

2 weeks ago awesome. Last week really good. This weekend we shall see.

Anybody riding SHNF this week end?

I was thinking about going. That's as far as I have gotten at this point.

Back