• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Best six minutes on youtube.

07_919

Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph0SjLC_lqk"]- THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH ♛ ✔ ★HD★ 322kmh-200mph Street Race ✔ 'ISLE of MAN' TT - YouTube[/ame]

Its amazing how fast the human brain can assimilate inputs, 180mph's worth, that's why these guys are elites.

I remember reading a study years ago (pre internet) where some scientists decided to test different athlete's reaction times.

The test involved having the athlete stand in front of a wall of light emiting diodes and was large enough that it extended into the athlete's peripheral vision.

When an LED lit up the athlete, who was standing with his/her hands by their side, had to touch the light to turn it off.

F1 drivers beat every other athlete (pro football, baseball, etc..) by a good margin in reaction time and accuracy. I would imagine that MotoGP riders would be at or exceed the F1 level.

I wish I could find that study but my GoogleFu has failed me today.

:clap:

the irishman dunlop, which i know is a common name, won this race. i wonder if he's any relation to the irishman dunlop who came up with the rubber encased wheel (i can't remember if it had air in it too) for his son's bicycle back in the day-hence dunlop tires.

The IOMTT always impresses!
I'm a big Guy Martin fan, just because he's such a nutter!

I'd be happy to lap the course in twice the time as these guys!

James

Back