• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Harley riders...

If You Know What You're Doing

You can get anyone...

705275488_hxDUu-S.jpg

to wave:

705276232_8CyT9-O.gif

I wave I don't care what it is. We are a brootherhood. Even on my Harley. Corner or straight we need to keep togather to protect our freedom...
Steve
PS I love motorcycles and I am a motorcycliest It doesn't matter the brand or type. In my 47 years of riding I have had a pretty big variety and I like them all..

I just wave and wave back whenever is safe, regardless of the type of bike. Rarely they do not wave, it could be they could not do it safely, did not see me, etc. . . .

i commute daily and run across the same bikes a lot. the older guys on the harleys dont wave, but ive come across younger guys (20-50ish) on choppers etc that happily wave at me.

i'd love to know the origin of waving, riding a motorocycle 20 years ago in australia, everyone waved at each other too. its definately an international thing. i dont care who you are, if you're on a bike, yer alright in my book.

its just a wave, not a big deal. i'd pull over for any of 'em if i saw them broken down on the side of the road.

edit: and Trice, you make any thread you post in fun to read :)

I do not do rides less than a hundred miles now. And it seems that the farther that you are from metro areas allmost everyone waves, more when the next stop or gas area is more than 40-50 miles away. :giveup:

I will try to keep count tomorrow. A few of us are going to make a run up to Ardmore, OK to have alook at a boat that I might buy. Anyone want to go for the ride, we are meeting at the IHOP on 820 and Beach St on the North side at 9 in the morning. Then we are going to go up thru lewisville to 35E to miss the race traffic.

Also, if anyong is considering buying a boat for an extra toy...holler at me. I have a good one with a brand new motor in it...not a rebuilt brand new...a new-new.

<snip>

I do like to wave at trains though just to hear them hit their horn a few times. :lol2:

:lol2: I still feel like a kid doing the "honk the train horn motion" anytime I pass a train engine. I'm proud to say I got an Amtrak engine to honk his horn on the way to the Pie Run last weekend. :mrgreen:

Righteous....
I really wanna start a war......

I'm gonna run a car tire on my wing....

and when I get a flat, I'm takin' it to Bill to put a plug in it.

:duck: :-P

:lol2: I still feel like a kid doing the "honk the train horn motion" anytime I pass a train engine. I'm proud to say I got an Amtrak engine to honk his horn on the way to the Pie Run last weekend. :mrgreen:

That is fun...use to do it when I wa a kid. Now my grand kids do it to trucks, so I will have to mention it to them about trains. You know there is a web site with a place in Oklahoma that sells train horns with a compressor and a tank. Pretty expensive, but they are the real train horn. I have a bud that put one on his pickup...it is double loud and I think he paid about $1000.00 for them. But when he gets behind someone and honks it...people scatter.

Something I have been noticing for several months now and I am wondering if anyone else has noticed. This mainly points at Harley riders...not all of you (sorry) but well over more than 50% of you. When I am out riding and I see another rider, I always try to give a nod or a wave, but with most Harley riders...they just ignore you or look at you with this "you got alot of nerve waving to me on that NON-HARLEY scooter." What is THIER problem? Its like alot of them have some sort of "touch-me-not" attitude going and one other thing I have noticed is that the bigger the person is on the Harley, the less likely they are to acknowledge your existance. Now before all Harleys riders get bent out of shape...let me repeat...not ALL Harley riders are like this. I just dont get it...try to be nice and friendly to all riders and with some harley riders, I have even been shown the finger. I dont know if they are telling me their age...their IQ...or the number of times they beat their wife. Anybody else notice this?

Hmmm. I get this from guys on BMWs more than anything. The scooter guys get all excited when I wave at them. :wave:

[mod. edit- I like South Park too, but some of the material is inappropriate here. :mrgreen: ]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but there's also been 38 threads on what tire I should run on my Bandit, so I guess we can call it a draw.:lol2:

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

that's it. I quit waving, just to throw off the harley's don't wave demographic.

On a recent ride, pillion (first time for both of us), asked "whats the deal with the low wave?" I answered "it's the same as dogs sniffing each others butts. You don't ask why, you do because you do."

I nod my head. I can't wave (left arm don't work). So when the chick on the maroon SV doesn't wave, look for the nod. Ohh, my hubby right behind does wave :mrgreen:

And in traffic, sorry dudes, I'm surviving first, socializing second :lol2:

Back