• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

bandit 1250 fairing lowers

Reaction score
I have been thinking about putting the lower fairing on my bike because I really like the looks and also it might add some wind protection for my legs since I ride mine all winter,but I'm not really sure about that.I see that there are two choices for them,the factory Suzuki ones and some from Powerbronze in Britain,I see most people get the Suzuki lowers but has anyone tried the other ones?I haven't been able to find any comments on them,they look pretty nice in the pictures but who knows.Thank's.

Well,maybe no one has tried them or at least no one that has read this so far.I guess I can be one of the first,I think I will have to drill them in order to use my frame sliders from what I see in the pictures and where they sit on my bike but that should be no big deal.If I decide to order them I will let you guy's know how they work out and take some pictures.

I haven't put any additional fairing pieces on the Bandit but I do love pics of all Bandit-related mods. :mrgreen:

I have been thinking about putting the lower fairing on my bike because I really like the looks and also it might add some wind protection for my legs since I ride mine all winter,but I'm not really sure about that.I see that there are two choices for them,the factory Suzuki ones and some from Powerbronze in Britain,I see most people get the Suzuki lowers but has anyone tried the other ones?I haven't been able to find any comments on them,they look pretty nice in the pictures but who knows.Thank's.

I have the Suzuki lowers on mine. You can get crash posts for them via Germany (GSG-Mototechnik). They use a special bracket so you don't need to cut the fairing, and they are not cheap.

They really set the looks of the bike off (see the pics on my blog at http://kewwibike.blogspot.com) and keep a lot of rubbish off the engine. They make little to no difference in terms of wind protection for the legs. The Suzuki ones are color matched, whilst the Powerbronze are black and need painting. Never seen those in the flesh.

Hunt around for a good price. I just bought a set off Leesons after a recent crash busted up my previous set. The part number is 990D0-18H20-YHL (red) 990D0-18H20-YBA (2008 blue) or change the 3 digit suffix for your color code. Try the part number on EBay too, as deals pop up all the time

Thank's for the reply Kewwig,I already ordered the Powerbronze fairing before I read this so I guess I will find out how the quality is,my bike is black anyway so I'm sure the color will be ok.I did call the guy that sells them and ask about the mounting points to make sure they wouldn't interfere with the frame sliders I have already and he checked for me and it mounts in different locations so it should work fine,I will have to drill it but that's ok.http://www.superbikestore.com/bandit_1250.htm,this is the place I got them from he is the Powerbronze distributor for the U.S. and Canada and it's located in Michigan.Sorry to hear about your crash but the bike looks great again and it's good no one got hurt too bad.

My bike is better than before it was crashed, so all is good there, thanks.

Very keen to see some pics of the PowerBronze fairing when you get it. Certainly cheaper than the Suzuki one if your bike is black. I am interested if it matches the Suzuki black, which has a metallic touch, doesn't it?

Ya,I'm really curious about the quality and fit too,yes the Black does have a metallic to it and I'm not counting on the lowers having that in them but I'm not sure,it does look like a gloss black that should match pretty close.I really looked around the internet a lot to find some information from someone who had them but couldn't find any,so good or bad I will let you guy's know about them and take a lot of pictures so you can see.

My Powerbronze fairing lowers arrived yesterday and I had a chance to install them today,they were packed well and protected with bubble wrap and also were covered in some peel off protective covering.Everything seems to me of good quality,the brackets are pretty heavy and the lowers themselves seem as good if not better than the plastic in my top fairing.installation wasn't too bad and everything fit pretty well,I had a little problem with the top bracket on the shifter side but nothing too bad.After I got everything on and adjusted I had to get some longer bolts so I could back them out to make marks to drill for my frame sliders which don't stick out very far from the lowers but I guess if I wanted to I could get some thicker spacers and longer bolts but I think it's ok as is.Overall I really like these and they really make the bike look nice,no metal flake in the gloss black but it's hard to tell it's not perfectly matched.They seem to come out far enough to where they might provide some wind protection for your legs too but I haven't really had a chance to ride it much with them on,and also I think from what I can see I should be able to get to the oil filter without taking anything loose so that's nice too.

Attachments

• c9cb1.jpg
    c9cb1.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 332
  • 2c6f.jpg
    2c6f.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 335
  • c801.jpg
    c801.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 344
  • ea09.jpg
    ea09.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 407
  • f665.jpg
    f665.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 400
Looks good. If the non metallic doesnt match well go to the Duplicolor website. They sell a paint called effex that is a clear metallic made to be sprayed over non metallic parts. It comes in a rattle can and can be bought or ordered at almost all auto parts stores.

Thank's for the tip on the effex metal flake,that would probably make it perfect but you have to look pretty hard to see any difference the way it is now or maybe I haven't seen it in the right light or something,if i see that it's really noticeable I will try that stuff.But I really like the way these made the bike look.

This is an old post but thought Id put my .2 in.. I bought a powerbronze lower cowling which is probably the same as the fairing lowers minus the upper part and was very disapointed to find that it drags on the ground in corners very easy.. I tried to remount it a bit higher to gain some clearance but no use it still drags and grinds away the paint and plastic..now it sits on my shelf collecting dust...

Hey Travis, a bunch of us are going to ride to Long Beach for the international motorcycle show in early December if you're interested in the trip.
We'll leave early Saturday morning, stay the night there and return Sunday evening.

About 10 of us rode there last year, and it was a good ride.

Ya,I did notice some added wind protection to my legs,maybe not a great deal but it did make a difference,I know it doesn't get as cold here as where you live but it does help.I also love the way it makes the bike look and with one of those oil filter wrenches I can change the filter without removing anything.

ftl900,thank's for the invite,it sounds like it would be fun and I might be able to go,it depends on if I can get time off from work then because I work weekends.

Ya,I did notice some added wind protection to my legs,maybe not a great deal but it did make a difference,I know it doesn't get as cold here as where you live but it does help.I also love the way it makes the bike look and with one of those oil filter wrenches I can change the filter without removing anything.

Any corner clearance issues like yamadavidson experienced?
I'm seriously considering this mod but I don't just want to do it for looks.

This is an old post but thought Id put my .2 in.. I bought a powerbronze lower cowling which is probably the same as the fairing lowers minus the upper part and was very disapointed to find that it drags on the ground in corners very easy.. I tried to remount it a bit higher to gain some clearance but no use it still drags and grinds away the paint and plastic..now it sits on my shelf collecting dust...

Amen brother. :zen:

Any corner clearance issues like yamadavidson experienced?
I'm seriously considering this mod but I don't just want to do it for looks.

I haven't had any of the clearance problems that he mentioned,I don't try and take corners like Kenny Roberts anymore but I do ride my bike and I don't see that happening with this.I also think it's a good looking engine but I like the way the bike looks better now.

Back