• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Emma Long Park closing

Worked for me. signed

Still didn't work for me.. Maybe because I'm on a phone.. I'll try from a PC later

Signed . Wheres everybody everybody at on something like this :giveup:

No clue who Emma Long was nor where her park is, and if Austin evaporated rat now I would toast the smoke cloud, as I would for any burg of abt 100K peeps or more, but if J. Queen's in, I'm in.

Petition signed.

easy on austin garfey they like to keep it wierd and all the good smoke is there so we will fit right in LOL :trust:

Are you up for a ride at the old City Park / Emma Long park?

I signed the petition and will make sure and send the link the MB forums.

Signed. There's already precious few places where we can do any sort of legal off road riding in Texas. Everyone really needs to sign this, regardless if you've ever been. These actions set precedent, and can jeopardize other riding areas in the state.

I don't ride dirt and probably never will. Nevertheless, I signed the petition. Our off-road friends need to preserve their available legal places to ride. I also think that what negatively affects one segment of our sport, affects us all in some way.

Done. Dang eco-freaks here in Austin.
Don't get me wrong - I'm part Indian and I was raised to respect the land and all that depend on her. But - there is a place for everything and there is precious little public land here in Texas - much less land for off-road enjoyment. They can let their doggies piddle somewhere else.

Has anyone heard any news on the park and folks who are trying to get it closed?

This is what I know.
The guy I know who has been in front of the city council to protest the closure of Connor's Creek does not
have a clue as to where this whole petition to prevent closure came from.

The only thing that's closed
off right now at Emma Long M/C park is Connor's Creek. If you've been out there riding, then you have seen the yellow signs saying so. Also, DO NOT VIOLATE this
closed off section and ride through Connor's Creek. I"ve been told THey Have VIDEO CAMERAS out there, waiting to catch some yahoo violating this area. Guys, if you see ANYONE trying to ride Connor's Creek, you must STOP them immediately! That's what they're waiting for, hoping to have a reason to officially close it.

Unless I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

If you want to know more about the situation w/ closure or anything related to Emma Long M/C park, just come by Wed., evening, talk w/ any of the trials bike guys. One of them is the guy who's engaged w/ city council on the Connor's Creek closure.

Last edited:
Back