• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tire choice for KLR

Ron T

Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Thompson
I'm shopping for tires and it seems that many of the DS miles are done on asphalt so it would make sense to get a tire that is a good on both surfaces with an emphasis on asphalt.Any suggestions? What about the Conti TK80s?

Tire opinions are like ********, everybody has one. That said I went the cheap route and I am using Kenda 270's they cost next to nothing and wear well. They work ok off road and ok on road. For me they are a good compromise.

Last edited by a moderator:
So you're saying you can do without a full on knobby then?

THe Kenda mentioned above is a populat "cost effective" tire. I'm having a set of Kings put on this morning as a matter of fact for the same reason. I've been running a dirt type tire, but I just don't get to the dirt as much as the street. And ANY tire that's not a street tire isn't gonna give ya any great mileage figures, so if it aint street, it might as well be cheap!

Back