• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

When The Sun Is Shining

Reaction score
You can really tell when the sun is shining :-D . The board goes dead. I got in 350 on Sunday. I wish I could have made the Butt Burner, but family obligations prohibited me from being away that long. Hope everyone rode safe. :chug:

And the sun will be shining all week!

Who's riding to work? How many bikes can we get out on the streets this week?

I ride in at 6:30 am and it's great to be on a bike in weather like this. Kind of makes the first half of the workday more bearable. The ride home is not as much fun as Houston's rush hour starts at 2pm and lasts until - what - 7? Oh well. Stay off the freeways and it's all good.

Enjoy the week.

I rode to work. Plan to ride all week too. It's alot cheaper to fill up the Sprint compared to the cage. Parkings better too.

I spent most of the weekend at work but, did get a chance to do a dinner ride to Galveston. Boy...when the sun goes down, it sure cools off quick.

I rode today. How many of the 11 people who did the butt basher rode today?

Although, I probably won't get to ride again until Thursday. Hard to take two kids to school on the bike.

Chris, I'm just glad I wasn't presented with the option. With the weather as nice as it is today, I would have if I could. I'd be in EVEN MORE pain tomorrow, though.
Rebecca

mlinkibikr said:

I will be riding all week. So much better than fighting traffic in the P-Up

You are kidding, right? Are you really sore from yesterday?
My only soreness during riding was my knees. One of these days I am going to spend the $400 or whatever it cost to lower my pegs.
Today I have no residual soreness. Unless it is my shoulders. But I think that is from my shovel alergy.

I had to do my Navy Reserve thing this weekend. It's 70 miles from the house out to the base in Fort Worth. Because the drive is so boring I usually count bikes on the way home. On Saturday I counted over 60 bikes during my commute home.

It's pretty safe to say Spring is very close now.

Pete

Yeah, the inner thighs are killing me, and I am sore through my back and neck. Who knew?

Here's how stupid I am: took the bike in for scheduled maint. on Saturday. So, I'm w/o my mechanical mistress during this whole glorious week.

I'm anticipating rain on Saturday (or whatever day I retrieve the bike)... ;-)

sigh

buck000 said:
Here's how stupid I am: took the bike in for scheduled maint. on Saturday. So, I'm w/o my mechanical mistress during this whole glorious week.

I'm anticipating rain on Saturday (or whatever day I retrieve the bike)... ;-)

sigh

That's why it's so great to have a wife that lets you ride her bike when yours is in the shop.

Pete

:tab Oh please Pete... she can't get you off her bike long enough to ride it herself :nana Of course, I just put 400 miles on Beth's VFR yesterday :mrgreen:

Adios,

mlinkibikr said:

I'm riding to work, have been all winter. I did notice how many more bikes I saw this week than in the last few months. 95% of them cruisers.

At the place where I work there's always 2 bikes parked - me and another bike that I want to swear has been abandoned because no matter how long I stay or how early I'm in it's always there. Gonna put a penny on top of the wheel tomorrow ... just to see.

Anyway on pretty days like this we're full house - 5 or 6 bikes! (And one very sexy yellow Ducati 749 with very well roughed in tires that look like they've seen some high G cornering).

Fun times indeed. I think I'll put my biz card on that Duc and see if I can find out what's up with that. Any of y'all office at One Westchase Center in Houston?

Dave.

Riding to work

Well count me in. Rode in the Butt Burner Ride yesterday and jonesing to do it again tomorrow. Oh well at least riding to work today and the rest of the week is great way to enjoy life before and after the monotony of work.

Vittorio

Not only am I riding all week, but I am riding on the TWS track on Friday. Then, Monday for spring break, my family and my Brother's family are going to Lousiana for spring break. Don't ask. To make it bearable, my Brother and I are going to skip the minivan trip and ride over. We will probably ride some of the same roads we rode this last weekend to get to Lousiana. With the exception of US 59.

Since we are going to south Louisana, Thibodeaux, we will probably take the roads along the gulf coast one way. Maybe come home through Arkansas. Not sure what we can get away with yet.

Back