• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sasha and Yulia Dvorak

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Howdy,

:tab As many of you are aware, Yulia's daughter Sasha has been battling Lukemia since last summer. It has been a roller coaster ride for them, good news at one time and then bad news another. I am sure tha both Yulia and Sasha feel like their lives are out of control. Trying to make sense out of something like this can drive a parent crazy and to despair. I would ask that you pray for Yulia to have the strength to endure this battle and see it to the end, that she be there for Sasha, and that Sasha make a full recovery. Here is the latest report from Yulia.

http://www.twtex.com/viewtopic.php?p=7913#7913

Adios,

All,

Yuliya has a CaringBridge page where she will be keeping things updated on a regular basis.

If anyone is deserving of prayers, it's Sasha. And her mom.

As someone kinda late to the fatherhood game, just the thought of something like this happening to Tori brings me to tears, literally. Yuliya's courage in facing and battling this is just tremendous.

D

Howdy,

:tab I don't know how many of you have been following Sasha's battle with Lukemia. At first, things seemed to be going well and she appeared to be in remission as of January. Then in February, the Lukemia came back with a vengance. She is in the hospital right now and is in critical condition. So critical that any hope of a bone marrow transplant seems lost. Yulia is really struggling with this right now as a single mom. They are both in desperate need of your prayers. You can see the updates here:

http://www.caringbridge.com/tx/sashadvorak/index.htm

Adios,

I spoke with Yulia this evening (04/01). At this point they are literally waiting for Sasha to die. She is on life support, the machines set to their highest settings, and she is still fading. She has been heavily sedated for the last two weeks and is presumably not feeling any pain. Her internal organs have reached the point of no return. The damage from the Lukemia has destroyed her lungs, liver and spleen. Yulia now has the unenviable experience of sitting by helplessly waiting for Sasha to slip away. Please keep both of them in your thoughts and prayers.

Adios,

This is one of the most terrible and saddening things I have heard. My prayers are with them.

Scott,

Thanks for keeping us updated. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Chris

Howdy,

:tab It appears that Sasha is still fighting!! Today's update is hopeful. She is still very critical and any number of things could kill her right now. However, the Doctors are back to treating her as if there is a chance rather than just waiting for her to die! Please continue to pray for them and that she may be completely healed of this horrid disease.

Adios,

It sounds like Yuliya is doing all she can to fight for proper treatment on Sasha's behalf. It's sad (and infuriating) that she had to confront the doctors about keeping up the frequent monitoring of her daughter's vital signs and not allow them to simply write her off.

They obviously don't understand how very, very much this mother loves her child.

Things are looking a little better! This uncertainty must be killing Yulia. I cannot fathom the anxiety she must be experiencing. :-|

Adiso,

Sasha passed away this morning (04/11).

I cannot express the depth of my sadness. My prayers are with Yuliya this morning, and with the entire community that share this loss.

I am at a complete loss for words. I was just reading their page yesterday afternoon and it sounded like things were starting to look up. Wow. Our prayers will be with Sasha, Yuliya and their entire family.

Back