• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

$40,000 Buell

Being a member of that cult I an very happy to see a rebirth! It was really beginning to take off when HD threw Buell under the bus!

Hope the other 3 models mentioned are both more obtainable and streetable. Surprised that the AMA only requires 100 to be built to race in the superbike class. Hardly a production bike at that number. Glad to see him back though.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Nicest looking Buell ever. Too bad it's black.

Looks like the seat could use a little more padding. Although, it is probably more cushioned than the Corbin I had on my R1150GS.

Too much seat padding. You want tushiecushie, buy a Glide. It's supposed to be a roadracer, just barely legal so it can be raced in a specific class "based" on street bikes. Those who don't race are probably going to prop theirs up on track stands in their living rooms and call them "art". You're not actually supposed to ride the thing on the street.

Too much seat padding. You want tushiecushie, buy a Glide. It's supposed to be a roadracer, just barely legal so it can be raced in a specific class "based" on street bikes. Those who don't race are probably going to prop theirs up on track stands in their living rooms and call them "art". You're not actually supposed to ride the thing on the street.

LOL, you do not understand the Buell cult members (such as myself)!!!! If there is anyway that bike can be legally ridden on the street, all of them will. I would venture an estimate that every one of them will be on the street. It has mirrors and turn signals, so I am betting it is streetable! Unless the bike is specifically purchased by a collector to never be ridden, those will be rode hard and often!

There may be some privateers who strip off the DOT required stuff and use them on the track, but Erik knows the cult followers and knows the bikes even at $40,000.00 each will be rode frequently!

It is totally out of my price range, but if I had the money I'd buy one to increase my position in the cult and wear the tires off that sucker!

This is probably not much of an exaggeration... there are probably a few Buell cult members trying to negotiate the sale of a kidney to get enough money to buy one!

I understand cultists. :trust: I ride a TW200 every day. You're not supposed to do SS1000s on TW200s, or take them for month-long road trips. Notice I wrote "not supposed to", not "won't" or "can't". :rider:

Back