All the best wishes for a recovery!

Patricia

Horses aren't my whole life, they make my life whole. --- L. Stewart
Equimotus, costus, muchus
Faylaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:17 PM   #43
zacsmom

Re: Prayer for Zac Chapman

Zac did not have his CT scan until 11:30 today. The report was good, the vent. drain is doing its job. The neurosurgeon told Fred that Zac's brain "doesn't look bad". I think all the medical staff still feel that Zac should be showing more signs of coming out of the coma. Fred said that he saw little movements from Zac today. I don't know if these would be considered reflex ( not purposeful) movements or not.

They can't leave the drain in for a prolonged period of time for fear of infection. So, the neurosurgeon said that they will want to put a shunt ( an internal drain for spinal fluid that will empty into his abdominal area) in when Zac's infection has cleared completely. He is on a new antibiotic for his pneumonia. His temp. tonight was 100.6. His blood pressure is still good.
Last I talked to Fred, the ventilator was set at 6 respirations and Zac was breathing at 12-15. The nurse tonight could not tell me what the vent was set at. When Zac gets the shunt and is stable from that, we can consider transferring him somewhere else. We still want what's best for Zac even if that means a facility outside of Texas. The transfer will depend on if Zac is off the vent or not.
We were told Baylor in Dallas has a program if he is off the vent. We have found out that there are better options for him instead of sending him to an LTAC (long term acute care center) here in the metroplex. There is one that stands out in Atlanta, Georgia, and they will take him comatose and on the vent.
Please continue in prayer that Zac will be free of infection and can have a shunt put in with no complications. Pray that he will continue to show signs of coming out of the coma and that the Lord will heal him completely so that he may continue to be a walking testimony for Him!!
Saturday's benefit is approaching and I am looking forward to it. For anyone that can make it, I hope to meet all of you that I don't know. Words will never be able to express how much your outpouring of love means to all of us in the family. Know that my heart is overflowing with love and gratitude.
zacsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:23 PM   #44
zacsmom

P.S. Yulyia, aren't you proud of me for learning how to copy and paste??!! I will do this site if someone else could please do WERA and CMRA. If anyone wants to email me my address is eviltwin65@sbcglobal.net. (I am an indentical twin and you guessed it... I'm the evil one) LOL
Old 08-26-2009, 10:37 PM   #45
zacsmom

I want to mention that through Yulyia I was able to get in touch with Brian McLaughlin who represents the Red Flag Fund for injured riders. They want to donate money to help out in any way needed, and if the board approves it, they will be donating $3,000. For tax reasons they will have to pay third party directly. This is such a blessing. God is good and He is being faithful so far in supplying all our needs. May He continue to supply our needs and bring Zac back to us soon!!
Old 08-27-2009, 10:37 PM   #46
zacsmom

Hello everyone! Last night was a little rough for Zac, but he had a good day today. The tube feeding was not being digested well, so Zac vomited some last night. Today his blood sugars have been good, his temp is 100.9, and he has been breathing on his own since about 12:30 Virginia time!!!! I spoke to the nurse at 9:00 Virginia time. Our little fighter!!
They are giving him a little extra amount of fluid to prevent dehydration. I asked the nurse how his latest neuro check went and he said that there were "movements in Zac's legs", his pupils are still equal and reactive, and he is seeing "eye fluttering". We agreed that anything new, no matter how small, was hopefully a good sign.
If the newest antibiotic can take care of the infection in the lungs, he could have the shunt put in as early as next Tues. This was one of those good days, you know, where your faith wasn't tested to the point where you wanted to cry out. It's days like this that make thanking God for His goodness a little easier. Not that we don't know that God is good no matter what.
Zac's birthday is Sept. 7th. Wouldn't it be cool if he woke up that day?! )
Old 08-27-2009, 10:43 PM   #47
Jbay

thanks for the update, prayers are for the best

http://www.actsmissions.org/

TRIUMPH TIGER 955i
RadRover Electric Fat Tire Power Bikes (his & hers)
Jbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:06 PM   #48
1oftheboys

Jenny, My daughter Amanda and I have been praying for Zac as well as you and your family since the day we heard about Zac's accident. It is always encouraging to hear when Zac has a good day or something new happens that is promising. Unfortunately we are not able to make the benefit this weekend.

Thank you for the updates. We will keep our prayers coming.

Sheila
MRA #333
CMRA #363
1 of The Boys Racing
Vice President, Racing 2 Save Lives
www.racing2savelives.org
Thank you to my 2009 Sponsors:
AKUMA Helmets
Henderson Performance Technologies
Heroic Racing Apparel
Digital D-Signs
MK Designs
Michelin
EBC
1oftheboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:02 AM   #49
tardypizza

The latest update rings of good news! Thank you Jenny for the updates and your strength.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacsmom View Post
P.S. Yulyia, aren't you proud of me for learning how to copy and paste??!! I will do this site if someone else could please do WERA and CMRA. If anyone wants to email me my address is eviltwin65@sbcglobal.net. (I am an indentical twin and you guessed it... I'm the evil one) LOL

I'll do CMRA.
tardypizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:54 PM   #50
zacsmom

Zac had another good day. I found out that yesterday Zac was breathing on his own for 12 hours. Today, they have his vent setting on 2, but the nurse wasn't sure why they did not try letting Zac breath on his own completely. His temp and blood pressure are good. Zac is reacting to a pinch on his shoulder area by either turning his head or his heart rate goes up. This is new and good!!
The nurse told me tonight that they will not be putting the shunt in until around Sept. 9th. Julia and I will be flying back up labor day weekend for Zac's birthday on Sept. 7th. We are getting ready for the "Zac Attack" benefit tomorrow. Thank you to everyone involved;I know this has taken hard work. As always, thank you for your love, concerns, and prayers!! God bless you all...
Old 08-28-2009, 11:33 PM   #51
Rman of 237

Good luck tomorrow!! Still sending prayers!
Old 08-29-2009, 10:03 PM   #52
zacsmom

Well, we had a great turnout at the "Zac Attack" benefit. Thank you to everyone, especially Becky, for their hard work. Haven't had much of a change in Zac's condition from earlier today. They have seen movement in his arms and legs. There was an episode of purposeful movement in Zac's right hand last night.
Zac appears to be attempting to open his eyes. There is some eye(ball) movement that is making the neurosurgeon wonder if Zac is having small seizures, so they will be doing another EEG tomorrow. His temp was 100.4 and his intracranial pressure was good. This is stressful for a family, so please pray for peace to abound.
As always, pray that God would continue to bring Zac back to us and that the healing process would continue to move forward. Thank you Lord for your love and goodness.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:52 PM   #53
zacsmom

Spoke with Zac's nurse after church. They performed the EEG to test for seizure activity, but since it's the weekend, we may not find the results out until tomorrow. Other than that, no change in his condition. Zac is on the vent at a rate of 6. They attempted to let him breath on his own last night, but he was unable to. I'll update again tonight. Keep praying!!!
Old 08-30-2009, 10:20 PM   #54
zacsmom

Spoke with Zac's evening shift nurse who stated that Zac got a haircut! Now, all of Zac's hair should be the same length...buzzed. Zac still wasn't able to breath on his own completely, so the vent. rate is 8. There are still no results of the EEG, but we should hear something tomorrow. His temp. is 99.
Still hoping soon in the future I will be able to report that Zac's eyes are open, or that he is having purposeful movement on a regular basis. We will all keep praying for that miracle healing!!! Thank you all so much for your love, concern, and prayers.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:02 AM   #55
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Sorry to have missed this thread for so long I will most certainly be praying for Zac and the family. We were in a similar situation with my father in law this spring. He had a massive seizure and spent a week in ICU in Houston. mostly comatose. Getting him off the ventilator was a long process. One thing though that really mattered to him was that we talked to him. He was not always able to respond, but later after he recovered, he recalled quite a bit and was grateful for our presence. I was fortunate to get the time off to stay with him the whole time and it was very stressful. We did a LOT of praying. He seems to have made a full recovery. God doesn't always answer in ways we want or expect, but I've learned to trust that He knows what He's doing. Zac is in good hands.

Is there any kind of status on the fund raising effort?

Total Forum Supporter Donations For November: $33.96 - Previous Month: $635.07 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 111 Current Forum Supporters out of 20871 Users (0.53%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:55 AM   #56
Lil Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tardypizza View Post
The latest update rings of good news! Thank you Jenny for the updates and your strength.

I'll do CMRA.
Thanks, I've got them all covered: http://bbs.125gp.com/ubbthreads/ubbt...225#Post123225

There is a great fundraising effort to help with moving Zac down to Houston, but there is also a strong need to help his family with travel expenses to see Zac. As you know, Zac's mom and siblings are here in Texas, and it is incredibly difficult and expensive to fly up. If any of you have frequent flier miles that you could donate or use for tickets, please let me and Jenny know at your earliest convenience. If you would like to contribute to travel and hotel expenses, you can use a dedicated account for that:

American State Bank
Contact Person: Kimla
Ph.# 817-598-0045

I will help set up a dedicated Paypal account for the travel expenses. The immediate need is for about $1000 for travel/hotel to reunite Jenny with Zac. Please let me know if/how you could help.

Thanks!

Yuliya
Lil Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:26 PM   #57
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Yuliya, is there a way to paypal money for the travel expenses?

Total Forum Supporter Donations For November: $33.96 - Previous Month: $635.07 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 111 Current Forum Supporters out of 20871 Users (0.53%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:55 PM   #58
Lil Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmeister View Post
Yuliya, is there a way to paypal money for the travel expenses?
I'm working on it; let me talk to Jenny first. I'll be happy to give Jenny my personal check and use my verified account for Paypal but even though you and I are friends, many people here don't know me and may not be comfortable with that arrangement, so it would be best if it was set up directly for Jenny's own account. I will let you know as soon as i hear from her.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:24 PM   #59
Maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Squid View Post
I'm working on it; let me talk to Jenny first. I'll be happy to give Jenny my personal check and use my verified account for Paypal but even though you and I are friends, many people here don't know me and may not be comfortable with that arrangement, so it would be best if it was set up directly for Jenny's own account. I will let you know as soon as i hear from her.
I'll vouch for you Yuliya, you're great people and more than trustworthy. I loaned her a set of tire warmers a few years ago for Oak Hill and we'd never met. They were back to me the following week good as new.

Besides, if something happened, you could sue yourself.
Child Liaison
Web Admin
BACA - Brazos Valley Chapter

Gerald "Jester" Cleveland / 1976 - 2009 / BACA Fort Worth / RIP Brother
Dylan "Porkchop" Newman / 2006 - 2009 / BACA Brazos Valley / RIP Brother
Craig "Hat Trick" Schroeder / 1964 - 2009 / BACA Waco / RIP Brother

"The definition of Insanity - Attempting the same thing over and over again expecting different results" ~ Albert Einstein
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:35 PM   #60
Lil Squid

Re: Prayer for Zac Chapman - family needs help

Thanks, David, you are too kind. (I'm still cold just thinking about that 32F Oak Hill season opener..)

I got an email from Jenny, they do have a Paypal account tied to her checking that can be used. I will personally vouch that any donations will be used to offset $933 in travel expenses and future travel etc.

The email to use for Paypal donations is robertumbaugh @ att.net (delete spaces around @). If you can help in any other way with travel and accommodations, including by donating or using frequent flier miles for tickets, please contact Jenny directly to coordinate at eviltwin65 @ sbcglobal.net (delete spaces around @).

Every little bit helps. I'm a mom and I cannot imagine how incredibly hard it is to have to be away from my son in such circumstances; I hope we can help until Zac can get strong enough to return to Texas.