• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Prayer for Zac Chapman - family needs help

Re: Prayer for Zac Chapman

Well, we had a great turnout at the "Zac Attack" benefit. Thank you to everyone, especially Becky, for their hard work. Haven't had much of a change in Zac's condition from earlier today. They have seen movement in his arms and legs. There was an episode of purposeful movement in Zac's right hand last night.
Zac appears to be attempting to open his eyes. There is some eye(ball) movement that is making the neurosurgeon wonder if Zac is having small seizures, so they will be doing another EEG tomorrow. His temp was 100.4 and his intracranial pressure was good. This is stressful for a family, so please pray for peace to abound.
As always, pray that God would continue to bring Zac back to us and that the healing process would continue to move forward. Thank you Lord for your love and goodness.

Spoke with Zac's nurse after church. They performed the EEG to test for seizure activity, but since it's the weekend, we may not find the results out until tomorrow. Other than that, no change in his condition. Zac is on the vent at a rate of 6. They attempted to let him breath on his own last night, but he was unable to. I'll update again tonight. Keep praying!!!

Spoke with Zac's evening shift nurse who stated that Zac got a haircut! Now, all of Zac's hair should be the same length...buzzed. Zac still wasn't able to breath on his own completely, so the vent. rate is 8. There are still no results of the EEG, but we should hear something tomorrow. His temp. is 99.
Still hoping soon in the future I will be able to report that Zac's eyes are open, or that he is having purposeful movement on a regular basis. We will all keep praying for that miracle healing!!! Thank you all so much for your love, concern, and prayers.

:tab Sorry to have missed this thread for so long :doh: I will most certainly be praying for Zac and the family. We were in a similar situation with my father in law this spring. He had a massive seizure and spent a week in ICU in Houston. mostly comatose. Getting him off the ventilator was a long process. One thing though that really mattered to him was that we talked to him. He was not always able to respond, but later after he recovered, he recalled quite a bit and was grateful for our presence. I was fortunate to get the time off to stay with him the whole time and it was very stressful. We did a LOT of praying. He seems to have made a full recovery. God doesn't always answer in ways we want or expect, but I've learned to trust that He knows what He's doing. Zac is in good hands.

:tab Is there any kind of status on the fund raising effort?

The latest update rings of good news! Thank you Jenny for the updates and your strength.

I'll do CMRA.

Thanks, I've got them all covered: http://bbs.125gp.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=123225#Post123225

There is a great fundraising effort to help with moving Zac down to Houston, but there is also a strong need to help his family with travel expenses to see Zac. As you know, Zac's mom and siblings are here in Texas, and it is incredibly difficult and expensive to fly up. If any of you have frequent flier miles that you could donate or use for tickets, please let me and Jenny know at your earliest convenience. If you would like to contribute to travel and hotel expenses, you can use a dedicated account for that:

American State Bank
Contact Person: Kimla
Ph.# 817-598-0045

I will help set up a dedicated Paypal account for the travel expenses. The immediate need is for about $1000 for travel/hotel to reunite Jenny with Zac. Please let me know if/how you could help.

Thanks!

Yuliya

Yuliya, is there a way to paypal money for the travel expenses?

Yuliya, is there a way to paypal money for the travel expenses?

I'm working on it; let me talk to Jenny first. I'll be happy to give Jenny my personal check and use my verified account for Paypal but even though you and I are friends, many people here don't know me and may not be comfortable with that arrangement, so it would be best if it was set up directly for Jenny's own account. I will let you know as soon as i hear from her.

I'm working on it; let me talk to Jenny first. I'll be happy to give Jenny my personal check and use my verified account for Paypal but even though you and I are friends, many people here don't know me and may not be comfortable with that arrangement, so it would be best if it was set up directly for Jenny's own account. I will let you know as soon as i hear from her.

I'll vouch for you Yuliya, you're great people and more than trustworthy. I loaned her a set of tire warmers a few years ago for Oak Hill and we'd never met. They were back to me the following week good as new.

Besides, if something happened, you could sue yourself. :rofl:

Thanks, David, you are too kind. (I'm still cold just thinking about that 32F Oak Hill season opener..)

I got an email from Jenny, they do have a Paypal account tied to her checking that can be used. I will personally vouch that any donations will be used to offset $933 in travel expenses and future travel etc.

The email to use for Paypal donations is robertumbaugh @ att.net (delete spaces around @). If you can help in any other way with travel and accommodations, including by donating or using frequent flier miles for tickets, please contact Jenny directly to coordinate at eviltwin65 @ sbcglobal.net (delete spaces around @).

Every little bit helps. I'm a mom and I cannot imagine how incredibly hard it is to have to be away from my son in such circumstances; I hope we can help until Zac can get strong enough to return to Texas.

Just got off the phone with the evening shift nurse. She read to me some of the EEG report, but we agreed that a neurosurgoen should give their interpretation to make sure of the meaning. I can say that there were no seizure patterns present. This is not necessarily a good thing.In a way, it would be better if Zac was having seizures, then that would explain why he isn't "coming out" of the coma more and they could give him more/different anti seizure medication that would hopefully stop them. Hope to be able to tell everyone more tomorrow about the EEG.
The vent. is at a rate of 6 and Zac is breathing 15-16. His temp. was 99.5 at its highest. The nurse did say that Zac was having movement in his legs, but not the arms tonight. He did react to a pinch in the neck/shoulder area by turning his head.
Therapy is coming in and moving his arms and legs so they don't get stiff. Of course, being a therapist myself, I can't help but do the same when I am there as well as making sure he is positioned well in the bed, etc.
I can't say thank you enough to everyone who came to the "Zac Attack" Benefit. It looks as if over $7000 was raised!! Please pray that guidance will be given in all decisions ahead, whether financial or medical. We must do what's best for Zac. Continue to pray for a complete recovery for Zac!! Love to all of you...

Hang in there Jenny. I can't even begin to know the pain that you go through typing that so that we know what's going on.

Gods love with you girl.

Maverick

Thank you Maverick. My heart aches being so far from him. At least I will get to see him again this weekend, and for his birthday on Monday, Sept. 7th.

Thank you Maverick. My heart aches being so far from him. At least I will get to see him again this weekend, and for his birthday on Monday, Sept. 7th.

Jenny,

Many of us are parents and know, or at least attempt to know, what you are going through.

If you weren't with him always, this thread would have been shorter than it is and we wouldn't be talking now.

When you are with him, I would ask one thing.

That you tell him that we are good, that we are here, and that we will never leave.

The fight for us is over, the fight for him has just begun.

From what I've known of and experienced of Zac, he's worrying right now about all of us, you, his dad, his friends.

He's worried about us and what burden this has been to us. Let him know that we accept, embrace and own this burden and it is no longer his to bear. It is ours.

Tell him that his task is to come back to us as soon as he can.

We'll be waiting.

Rest up brother, you'll need it after you get back home.

Maverick.

Yuliya, thanks for the donation info.

Maverick,
I will tell him all that when i see him this weekend. Your words are full of wisdom and kindness. Thank you.

Hi Jenny:

I have been keeping up with Zac's progress through this web site as well as Penny S. & Becky Z. via emal. I have also shared this site with them, as it is wonderful.

What can I say, but I can't imagine the range of emotions you must be going through. I am so sorry you & your family are going through this trial. My heart aches for you each time I read an update being good or bad.

Bobny & I want both you & Fred to know we are praying for God to bring back Zac to you and to give you both the strength and peace only he can give to see you through this tragedy in your lives.

God is in control, so lean on him.

Please tell Zac "Happy Birthday" for us. Who knows this may very well be his best birthday!!! Love, Nancy & Bobby Birth

Thank you Nancy and Bobby. I will tell Zac that you wish him a happy birthday. Please continue to pray that God's love, grace, and peace will abound.

Just got off the phone with the evening shift nurse. Zac spiked a temp today of 103.5, but it is down to 100.8. His heart rate is higher, but she said that is not unusual with a temp. Zac hasn't been able to breathe on his own completely for a while now, but the vent is at a setting of 6 with Zac breathing 12-14.
She said that the "team" (team of dr's) wanted Zac's spinal fluid to be infection free and then they could do the shunt. His pnemonia has cleared up. Please continue in prayer for Zac that the Lord will heal him completely and restore him completely. Pray for us, the family, that we will always put Zac's needs first!!! Love and gratitude to all...

I wanted to add something I forgot. Zac has not been moving his arms like he did that one time in a while. They are seeing leg movements however. It would be wonderful if he opened his eyes and had purposeful movements. We must continue to pray!!

Jenny, all of Zac and Fred's friends and supporters at Moto Liberty are praying for Zac and thinking about him often. Don't feel as though you are going through this alone. Even when the weight of the world is on your shoulders, you are still in God's hands, so let him do the heavy lifting. Your family has been such a blessing to many in the racing community. We are hoping and praying for the best for all of you.

Thank you Nathan. I just want to remind everyone about Zac's siblings. Jennifer,33, Julia,14, and Jake 13. Everyone is having a hard time with this and we all need prayers to get through this. Sometimes it seems as if only those involved in the racing are being mentioned, but I know it is only because people may not even be aware of Zac's sisters. I do not mean this in a bad way, just wanted everyone to know names for when they are lifted up in prayer. Much love and gratitude to all...

Just got off the phone with the nurse. Zac has been keeping her busy tonight. Zac had a fever that reached 105.3. They cooled him off and now it is down to 101.3. Zac vomited twice as well. After hearing that, I was a little down, but then she told me that Zac had been breathing on his own since about 12:00 or 1:00! She did say that respiratory was in his room now and might be having to make changes.
As she said, "It's one step forward and two steps back sometimes." This is an emotional roller coaster and I wouldn't be able to make it without knowing our Lord and Savior was in control and that He loves Zac even more than I do. Julia and I will be flying out early Fri. morning to go see him. Continue in prayer for Zac and the family. God Bless...

Back