• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Where am I? (Can you place this picture...?)

I don't have any especially good photos, so whoever gets CBAT's current offering is up next...

and I don't even have a guess on this one... :ponder:

I still don't have a bike yet (next month) and am willing to defer to someone else. If not, I have this picture that I added my dream bike to. :rider:

bbq2.jpg

- Bill

I still don't have a bike yet (next month) and am willing to defer to someone else. If not, I have this picture that I added my dream bike to. :rider:

bbq2.jpg

- Bill

Dude! You need to learn how to park that thing.

bbq2.jpg

- Bill

Let's go with Lockhart. Mmmmm.....
EXCELLENT photo too! Folks w/o bikes can play this game like pros too.

Let's go with Lockhart. Mmmmm.....
EXCELLENT photo too! Folks w/o bikes can play this game like pros too.

Bingo...Got the city right! :clap: Bonus: Can you name the place? Should be pretty easy as I left half of the sign showing. :eat:

You're up M39A1!

- Bill

Okay Bill. Slowly now, just how many times have you "wrecked"?

Well, we have to set some guidelines first I guess. Does anything on the WR in dirt count? And are we just talking about V-Strom stuff here, or all bikes in the past? Answer those for me and I'll have a good total for you.:mrgreen:

Bingo...Got the city right! :clap: Bonus: Can you name the place? Should be pretty easy as I left half of the sign showing. :eat:

You're up M39A1!

- Bill

I'm starting to run out of pictures....... OK, this should be easy. Town name please....
08threesisters%20011.jpg

Other than some that only dirt riders might recognize, my cashe is running low too. Either that or thet have a big-ole sign in the picture that tells you where it is.:doh:

Here's one I posted before that got pulled because I wasn't up so I'll post it again.

112_1280_800.jpg

Not a clue, but it's coastal.....

When someone guesses it, tell the story behind this place. I'm curious.

I've been lurking here awhile... Think I'll play.

Those pilings are located on the beach near Surfside.

Well, we have to set some guidelines first I guess. Does anything on the WR in dirt count? And are we just talking about V-Strom stuff here, or all bikes in the past? Answer those for me and I'll have a good total for you.:mrgreen:

:tabStreet only, all bikes, after age 16

:tabStreet only, all bikes, after age 16

Alrighty, let's see how good my memory is....

I was 16'ish and I dumped my Shadow in a gas station parking lot because I stalled it mid-turn.

22'ish, I overshot a corner on the Shadow and slid out in a ditch. I learned about full gear on this one.

24'ish, I lost the front end of my Warrior due to a fuel spill. I also had a couple close calls, I ran it wide and into a ditch but kept it up, and I almost got pulled off the bike when my foot got caught on a reflector thing glued to the road.

25-27'ish while on the Strom.... oh boy, here we go... Lost it during a water crossing in Glen Rose.

Had to push it over onto it's side to drag the bike out of a rut near Hillsboro. Yes, this wasn't technically on pavement, but it was a county road, and it was during a street ride, I was just trying to find a shortcut home.

Arkansas... gravel, turn, highside, save, ditch, save, highside, crash. That was the good one....

West TX while fueling it up, the pavement gave way under the bike and it fell.

The shoelace, stop sign incident. No fun.

East TX, I lost it in some deep sand on some county road.

That should be it I think. I'm sure you all will let me know if I left some out.

Now if we add just one day of riding the WR, I flipped the bike completely over on it's seat and handlebars, but it still was running. I lost the front end in a rocky downhill and it launched me over the bars into the rocks. I lost the front end in a muddy off camber turn. And I ran head first into a huge cedar tree during an uphill. Yes, that was all in one day.

Back