• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

No Factory Barkbuster

At a certain point you just have to bail and brace for impact... be it motorsports or in my case, skiing. :shock:

When you are rotating over the bars towards the front wheel, I don't think it does any good to hold onto the grips.

I think I read that Cory Buttrick, the young KTM pro, injured himself the year before last after a fall and not being able to extract his hand from a barkbuster. I sure like the things-no more crushed fingers or knuckles.

I have posted this before, but it this fully explains why I use them.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz6H0sII-ok"]Hey George.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

Got 'em on all of our dirt bikes, wouldn't ride without them.

Posting with Tapatalk for iPhone.

Hey, I'm in that movie!!

And I had bark busters on mine too.

Got 'em on all of our dirt bikes, wouldn't ride without them.

Same here. The pros far outweigh the cons of having them. As for why they aren't factory equipment, it is probably the same reason that steering dampers and Rekluse clutches aren't either.

Back