• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Aftermarket lever suggestions Bandit 1250S

elkman

Reaction score
What's a good aftermarket brake lever with a smaller minimum reach than stock that fits '07 1250S ? I ride primarily 2 on 2 off and I'd have better control if my short fingers didn't have to reach that far.

I bought pazzo knockoff shortys at Cycle Gear while they were on sale for $25

What's a good aftermarket brake lever with a smaller minimum reach than stock that fits '07 1250S ? I ride primarily 2 on 2 off and I'd have better control if my short fingers didn't have to reach that far.

I suppose the adjustment range did not work for you?

I used to ride with only 2 fingers on the brake, but after a spirited long ride through some twisty roads, my hand got really sore. I switched to 4 fingers on the brake and rev match down-shifts with just palm pressure and have been much happier since. I think the 1250 requires pretty solid brake grip to get desired stopping power. EBC pads helped a lot as well.

GA-Bandit: Did the Pazzo knockoffs have a shorter reach than stock minimum? By how much?

Rockitcity: Correct -- minimum setting on stock longer reach than ideal.

I got some from eBay I like. They weren't terribly expensive. [ame="http://m.ebay.com/itm/181216091755?nav=SEARCH"]Long Red Brake Clutch Levers for Suzuki Bandit 650 2007 2010 1250 s 2007 2010 | eBay[/ame]

I'm very pleased with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not too long ago I bought some adjustable levers, cnc billet aluminum off ebay. think I paid 24.99 for both. a variety of colors to choose from including the lever for the adjustment. Had to put the clutch on two or the bike would not start.

NorthD, how does the red on those levers go with '07 Bandit red ? Would you say these levers will adjust to a shorter reach than stock?

6aryza7y.jpg
unyjapug.jpg

As you can tell, the're not a perfect match but the color is not bad. As far as the reaches concerned, I wear a medium glove. I'm 5 foot, 8, 180 pounds. As it was mentioned by MoneyFunny, I did have to set the adjustment to two through five. If I set the adjustment to one on the clutch side, the bike wouldn't start because it wouldn't actuate the neutral safety switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
GA-Bandit: Did the Pazzo knockoffs have a shorter reach than stock minimum? By how much?

Rockitcity: Correct -- minimum setting on stock longer reach than ideal.

Yes - too much, It'll pinch my fingers on the lowest setting

Back