• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Good post on accident scene management!

:tab What I'd really like to do is have someone qualified show up at a bike night or maybe setup a special day for CPR training. Now that everyone is riding again, I really think it would be good preventative maintenance ;-) It would be cool if basic first aid is included.

Adios,

accident

hey Scott and all yall , a couple of things to think about , first , i never get on the highway without my helmet , and i never ever leave home without my cell phone , ive been down in a ditch before where noone could see me , with the bike laying on top of me , and when i came to i managed to call somebody for help , they called somebody who lived right around the corner who came and got the bike off me and took me and the bike home , i should have gone to the er but im a bit dumber than i look sometimes . second like the article says , if everybody is running around like a chicken with its head cut off , the guy on the ground is not getting the help he needs , hand someone your cell and have them call 911 while you tend to the victim , delegate authority to get everybody back and make sure that traffic is controlled . ive seen it where a bike gets run over twice before there was enough of scene to get all the other cagers to wake up . third , dont let any body move the victim , even if hes in the middle of the freeway , the cages can go around , trust me they will , and slowly cuz theyr all gonna be rubberneckin , lastly , im had cpr and first aid in the marine corps and with the volunteer fire dept so any time yall want me to ill help out with any lessons ,,,,,,casey

Re: accident

kc69 said:
dont let any body move the victim , even if hes in the middle of the freeway , the cages can go around , trust me they will , and slowly cuz theyr all gonna be rubberneckin , lastly , im had cpr and first aid in the marine corps and with the volunteer fire dept so any time yall want me to ill help out with any lessons ,,,,,,casey

I disagree with you here. Safety dictates whether or not you move them. It becomes a cost vs. benefit question. If they stand a chance of siginificant further injury (i.e., struck by another vehicle in a blind curve), or if the pavement is hot enough to cause severe burns, You have to move them.

Spinal injuries constitute less than 1% of the injuries found. In August, in the middle of the afternoon, a motorcyclist laying in the roadway has about 100% chance of 2nd and 3rd degree burns.

Back