• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

a gasoline powered dichotomy of sorts

Reaction score
Going to work in the metroplex this morning, around I-20 and Cooper, I am passed by a Burgman rider.

Full face helmet
Heavy leather gloves
Armored riding pants
HiViz armored jacket
Boots

Lane spitting.

So here's the rub;
Dressed for failure
or
Dressed for success

Going to work in the metroplex this morning, around I-20 and Cooper, I am passed by a Burgman rider.

Full face helmet
Heavy leather gloves
Armored riding pants
HiViz armored jacket
Boots

Lane spitting.

So here's the rub;
Dressed for failure
or
Dressed for success

Lane spitting with a full face is dressed for failure

I think he dresses that way out of necessity. Cruiser riders would probably beat the heck out of him if they caught him. :rofl:

Was it Soozy? She did DFW to Washington state and back. Mostly motorcycle roads when available. On a Burgman. Solo. No schedule. Epic adventure. More testicles than most cruiser owners (can't really call so many of them "riders"), male, female, or confused.

Dressed for success, not to impress.

Soozy is my hero. She's the reason I bought a Burgman. It wasn't me. My jacket's not Hi-Viz.

Without chaps & a get-back whip, I'm afraid he's headed to failure.

& I'm sorry to hear that you had to go into the metro mess.

Every day, Monday-Friday 30 & 360.

I just thought it interesting that the rider was dressed quite well, ATGATT, and was taking chances splitting lanes in morning traffic where the entire world seems juuuuuust a bit homicidal.
I say that only because at the moment there are no legal protections for him
ie: lane splitting bill, which would also tell ( we hope ) other motorists not to try to kill this person.
Several drivers were seen looking into their mirrors and gently easing into his projected path, but not far enough to do harm. Hopefully a lane splitting bill would modify that sort of behavior.

Mine are not large enough to split traffic, but I have been known to hit the flashers and ride the shoulder in this kind of traffic :rider:

Hey I saw some lunatic on 35 on a Triumph Rocket. Riding the shoulder, lane splitting, cutting into traffic, definitely not ATTGAT.

Made me think of a wanna be Ninja 250 rider....

I don't lane split. BUT, the new ( to me) Burgman I'm going to get next week in Dallas, has a bottom on the handlebar that electrically folds in the side mirrors. Maybe the Burgman is made for lane splitting? Do any other bikes come with "that" button? What a fine,,,,,,ride.

I lane split all the time going to work.
It's for recreational purposes only, though, as the traffic at 0500 between Granbury and Glen Rose is quite light.

When I'm feel really adventurous I move all the way into the on-coming lane for no reason as if to pass an imaginary car.
I always flash my brights to warn the phantom driver.

Last edited:
I don't lane split. BUT, the new ( to me) Burgman I'm going to get next week in Dallas, has a bottom on the handlebar that electrically folds in the side mirrors. Maybe the Burgman is made for lane splitting? Do any other bikes come with "that" button? What a fine,,,,,,ride.

Hardy, I have one for sale. 2011, <3,000 miles, ABS, FOLDING MIRRORS, Power button to down shift 1 gear for passing, Power windshield (about 4"), Parking brake, Backrest front and rear, Deer whistle, Automatic or manual shift. Luxury high powered scooter with a 650cc engine. $4500

Back