• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Just got my Symtec grip warmers. Now a few questions.

bung

Reaction score
How did you guys with warmers position the pads? Did you position them more on the top for the palms or more toward the front to get better coverage for the fingers? Also, how well do the dual density grips work with the warmers? I was told by one guy that his gel grips melted from the warmers.

I had progrips dual density grips and they were fine. They did get a little more grippy when the heat was on.

I positioned the grips for the palms. More surface area and your blood will move the heat out to your fingers.

On the left handle bar I wrapped the bar with silicone tape to insulate the heater from the bar. If you dont do this it will not heat up as fast because the cold metal bar will suck the heat out of the element. There is no need for it on the right side because the throttle tube will insulate.

Also make sure to use grip glue on the elements and the grips and DO NOT turn on the grips until 24 hours later so the glue can dry. I found this was necessary to keep the grips in position on the bar ones the heating element was under it.

Oh yeah mount the switch toward the left side so the you dont have to take your hand off the throttle to use it.

Thats all I've got.

Did you use regular grip glue? The instructions say to use heat resistant 2 part epoxy but I am a little hesitant to do it. I'm afraid removing the grips at a later date may be quite difficult after using epoxy.

I didn't use any glue on mine and they haven't slipped yet even on those 100+ days. Some guys use hairspray, slippery going on but sticks when dry. IIRC I just used alcohol to put the grips back on.

Back