• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

School me on camp cookers

Camping and tent time in the military are such different things. Sleeping under your half of the leaky shelter half on the dirt, after eating a MRE heated up by a chemical heater (If you got one) in a WWII era lumpy sleeping bag, on a thin piece of foam, only to wake up and pour instant coffee into a canteen cup with icey cold water while eating MRE omelette with cheese, does not compare to

Sleeping in a modern tent with sides, floor and bug screen, on an air mattress with an air pillow, in a modern warm comfortable sleeping bag with a warm yummy meal in your belly knowing you will wake up to hot coffee in the morning with a breakfast of real eggs and bacon.

Oh yea, and even if you did have to carry all that new stuff on your back 20 miles that day (which you didn't) it would have weighed about 50 lbs lighter.

Remember, camping isn't bad. It's just that the military can make anything bad. Heck, even the short time I spent in Colorado was miserable. :D

Full agreement. I find Hampton Inn has all that. And more. ;-)

There is a good thread on motocampers.com about using pressure cookers while camping.

I a member over on that forum also. Those guys usually have an excess of storage space. Most of the normal posters over there seem to be riding huge bikes towing a small camper trailer.

The tent campers seem to be in the minority.

Back