• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

OK all you KLR 650 lovers,

LOVE the KLR! I find it to be one of the most underestimated bikes out there. They look kind of goofy and uncomfortable but I have yet to meet a person who, after at least 100 miles riding one, doesn't appreciate it. So far my experiences with them... I can only say that I can ride longer miles, consecutively with a Sargent seat, on a KLR than I can on a goldwing! I plan to add one to my armory soon!:rider:

I bought my '07 KLR in March of this year and have racked up 10k miles on it since. I absolutely love this bike. What can you say? Reliable,simple, and versatile. It doesn't get any better than this. There are some many upgrades you can add and the forum support is phenonmenal.

Just found this. Really kewl.

Me too!
I wonder how many of us either own one now or have owned one. I did and rode it to loaded to Alaska and met many other KLR's along the way. ?

ATGATT.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah, can't think of very many motorcycles out there that can take that kind of abuse and still get you anywhere you want to go.

"No matter how fat, out of shape, and winded..." :rofl: So true!

I had one, they make folks laugh, the wind blows them all over the highway, like riding on stilts in the rocks, they never run out of gas, will go anywhere your willing to go and always forgive you for the abuse.

Diggin mine.....bought her new and just turned 60K, been all over Texas and some of Louisiana, Missouri, Oklahoma and Arkansas....I have faster bikes and lighter bikes and more efficient bikes....but none with the smiles per hour of the KLR......:sun:

KLRs, wow . I've been hankering for one a long time. It just was that other bikes got in the way all the time. I found this beauty last fall in San Antonio with all the original plastic and only 11880 on the clock. I've been working on the bike since then getting a few minor things sorted out. First thing, the Doo, KLX jet kit, new springs, pads and ss lines, valve set, tires, Shinko 705s, Renthal bars with Throttlemeister bar weights, new chain and sprockets 16/43, and the Thermo bob. Also a through bolt kit to clear up a sub frame shear on one side. Here she is, the official unveiling in all her 1996 glory.

Mike B

Attachments

• DSCN2330.jpg
    DSCN2330.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 235
  • DSCN2331.jpg
    DSCN2331.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 247
"No matter how fat, out of shape, and winded..." :rofl: So true!

that is why I went with the CRF250L! nice and light, easy to pick up.

it don't help he was running a 80% street tire on the back of that klr.

His oil change video is good too! :D And yeah yeah yeah I'm gonna buy one sooner or later as well! :p

[ame="http://youtu.be/DO2pTc5FYWo"]http://youtu.be/DO2pTc5FYWo[/ame]

IT'S GOT A CARBURETOR! Need I say more? :D

I was riding some new cuts in the woods (thick, dense forest of trees) that my neighbor put on the properly line with a dozer out back this morning. I will never tell someone the KLR isn't a single track enduro anymore. :D It was a big lunk, a handful, but I got through some pretty radical stuff, hopping logs and such. Could I have done it faster on a 250? Sure, but then, I wouldn't wanna ride the 250 to Big Bend. :D The KLR is just about the best motorcycle for me down here. I ride 2 miles down a ill maintained private, rough dirt road to get to the highway. The truck is sideways over the chops at 25 mph. The KLR can FLY down that road, 50+. :D Once I get to the highway, I can ride the speed limit in comfort and that big ol' rack makes hauling corn to the feeder a breeze. :D

KLRs, wow . I've been hankering for one a long time. It just was that other bikes got in the way all the time. I found this beauty last fall in San Antonio with all the original plastic and only 11880 on the clock. I've been working on the bike since then getting a few minor things sorted out. First thing, the Doo, KLX jet kit, new springs, pads and ss lines, valve set, tires, Shinko 705s, Renthal bars with Throttlemeister bar weights, new chain and sprockets 16/43, and the Thermo bob. Also a through bolt kit to clear up a sub frame shear on one side. Here she is, the official unveiling in all her 1996 glory.

Mike B

Nice bike Bugs!
:sun:

Back