• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Outta the garage...& cranked

Cycledelic Relic

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Powers
On the first try after sittin for several years....

77 Yamaha TT500

Belongs to Mr Green Genes... Bought new at Steakleys in Waco

GREAT GOBS OF TORQUE!!

Pics comin soon
Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Sorry...hadta update my tapatalk to post pics

Dang app changed!!!!!!
Now I hafta pay for pics!!!"

Someone wanna help me here?
I can send pics to ya on my phone

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
80f57450846810e0372f0bc758585153.jpg

cc3f1da1aa58bae88e7a67e01d0b2599.jpg

2c1fc2b85a9940b368e9d8f914304513.jpg

002d9261adf124a42a31346a0c4f3dba.jpg

I had to update tapatalk, so we'll see if this works

This post brings back some memories. I had a 76 model with the white steel tank…what a Torque monster. Armor All came out about this time and the XT taught me never to armor all a seat.:eek2::eek2: I didn't loose it but dragging myself from the fender back onto the seat is a trick I don't want to repeat:doh: I actually rode that beast in a few enduros. The older I get the tougher I was:lol2:

Belongs to Mr Green Genes... Bought new at Steakleys in Waco
Cool TT. I bought my RZ350 new from Steakley Bros. as well, I still have their license plate bracket on it. :mrgreen:

This post brings back some memories. I had a 76 model with the white steel tank…what a Torque monster. Armor All came out about this time and the XT taught me never to armor all a seat.:eek2::eek2: I didn't loose it but dragging myself from the fender back onto the seat is a trick I don't want to repeat:doh: I actually rode that beast in a few enduros. The older I get the tougher I was:lol2:
Everyone uses Armor All...ONCE!! :rofl:

Cool TT. I bought my RZ350 new from Steakley Bros. as well, I still have their license plate bracket on it....

Slight hijack but what does your RZ need to get on the road again? That is a cool bike, shame to be sitting.

_

Slight hijack but what does your RZ need to get on the road again? That is a cool bike, shame to be sitting.

_
Nothing, it runs. It just sits there collecting dust....and value. It's worth about 3 times what I paid for it. :trust: Last sticker was in 95 I think so I have some hoops to jump through to get it street legal, needs new tires (which I have, Avon's, just need to install them). I ring it out down the highway every 6 months or so, runs like a spotted :moon: ape! :rider:

edit; It's not for sale! :lol2: :shame:

Last edited:
Jus a bit more info....
That TT sat in the garage (shop) for at least 5-7 years without being cranked....even once!! They poured in some fresh fuel (& only fuel) ...rolled it out... & proceeded ta bump start it (insteada kickin). That ol TT jus fired right off... never missin a beat. I loved ridin my SR500s.... & the SRX too!!

I may have been employed at Steakleys when Gene bought it..... not sure though.... (fuzzy memories.... or is that hazy?)

What these bikes can be.... !!!!

Yamaha XT | eBay

The TT500 is the first motorcycle I ever rode by myself. Your right, it has gobs of torque all over the RPM range, and a 5 speed. I would not want to mess one up like the one in the E-bay link. They just don't look right without knobbies, but I might would maybe make the conversion to the XT so I could ride it more places. It's a big reason I bought the XR650L I have now. When I was looking to buy a new bike, I looked to see if Yamaha still made an XT in the 500 cc range, but the only thing they have is the XT250. I figured if I wanted to double up ride, the 250 would be hard pressed to maintain highway speeds. So, I went with the XR650L, although I only had one other rider with me two times. The wife, but she won't ride with me any more, but not because I scared her or anything though.
I sent a link to this thread to the friend of mine who got me started on his bike, and am now awaiting his reply back on it.

Not that I could buy it, but what is the asking price?
TTs and XTx remind me of an SR I had...

Not that I could buy it, but what is the asking price?
TTs and XTx remind me of an SR I had...

Me too Camilo.....First Yamaha I owned was a 79 Chappy Red SR..... GREAT GOBS OF FUN... so much so that ...over 10 years or so... I owned at least 2 other 78s

I've been after the farmer ta let me sell that TT for him for years.....
.but Joe's prob right

Last edited:
Back