• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Looking for mud in all the wrong places?

Reaction score
Good evening riders. New to the group and area of San Antonio. Recently participated in the Medina county 250, great route, great people, but seemed to be missing more, well off road. Are there areas that dual sport riders frequent within an hour of San Antonio for that appetite for Mud. Single track is good, water crossings etc. Thank you.

Zars is good must either be a member or get a member to sponsor you on not hard just hit them on on their website

Powell MCP up close to Bastrop is good

There is a new place with some good trails over in Lockhart cant remember the name but it has some good singletrack and an mx track

Hidden Falls is alway open weekends

Last edited:
Zars is good must either be a member or get a member to sponsor you on not hard just hit them on on their website

Powell MCP up close to Bastrop is good

There is a new place with some good trails over in Lockhart cant remember the name but it has some good singletrack and an mx track

Hidden Falls is alway open weekends

Spoaks m/x. (512) 627-4469 I would call first, probably weekends only.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm splitting hairs here, but aren't Zars, Hidden Falls, and Spoaks more MX, than dual sport riding?

For dual sport riding, I think Menard County has some of the nicest riding around the Hill Country. Coincidentally- There is a TWT ride/campout in Menard in a month's time. It's organised by Sander, and is posted in the "upcoming rides" section. I did the ride twice last year, and think it was one of the best routes we all did.

Next best DS riding is BB park, but of course, that's a wee bit further than an hour from SA...

Hidden falls has great single track. If you have a big bike I would stay away from the trails, but I buzz all over them on a klx250s and it more than wears me out to ride all 4 loops

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

GSL ranch in Kendalia might be right up your alley as well. Good single track and even a little bit of mud for you after a rain. It is 30-45 from SA depending on where you live. Plenty of fun stuff in SA too if you explore and keep “an open mind. ”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Zars is all single track, you are probably thinking of Cycle Ranch in Floresville which is MX

Hidden Falls has great single track, and more open side by side and 4 wheeler trails that are not as
challenging

Last edited:
"Maybe I'm splitting hairs here, but aren't Zars, Hidden Falls, and Spoaks more MX, than dual sport riding?"

Spoaks has both, although not much trail for the trip there.

Spoaks has the MX and a couple miles of trail, its good trail just
not a lot if you have to haul far and have no desire to ride the MX

Its close for me to ride the trail there and take a lap every now and
then around the track to convince myself that my MX days of being
competitive are indeed over and go back to weaving between trees

Good evening riders. New to the group and area of San Antonio. Recently participated in the Medina county 250, great route, great people, but seemed to be missing more, well off road. Are there areas that dual sport riders frequent within an hour of San Antonio for that appetite for Mud. Single track is good, water crossings etc. Thank you.

What bike are you planning on riding these dual sport areas on ?

Zars is all single track more for dirt bike riding. Gsl is dual track, it would work for a dual sport bike just watch the rocks I put a whole in my crank cover on the YZ there. Cycle Ranch, White Knuckle, Austin DelVal is all MX. From what i hear Murphys MX also has some trails, i havent been there or hidden falls yet.
I'm also a member at Zars if anybody ever needs a sponsor to check it out for membership.

Last edited:
Back