TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > Prayer Requests

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 04-21-2016, 02:24 PM   #41
Mrs. Trail Boss

Re: Please pray for Chuck "CeeBee" Blair

Chuck was a great guy. My heart just breaks for his family and all of you. I know how much he's going to be missed. Hugs to all of you.
Mrs. Trail Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 05:10 PM   #42
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

From the CaringBridge site,

Quote:
Celebration of Chuck's Life, details

By Tawnya Blair — 2 hours ago
We will celebrate the incredible life of Charles Patrick Blair aka Chuck aka CeeBee.
The Crossing Church on Saturday
April 23, 2013 at 2:00 PM

6265 Shadowbend Place, The Woodlands, TX 77381

Flowers are welcome but he loved supporting a ministry called National Bible Translators, it has a base in Mexico and I think we all know how much he loved Mexico. Please consider a donation in his honor.
NBT.Org

Total Forum Supporter Donations For October: $323.43 - Previous Month: $685.11 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 128 Current Forum Supporters out of 20679 Users (0.62%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 06:01 PM   #43
wanabeguru

Quite a proper eulogy, here. RIP
Old 04-21-2016, 10:46 PM   #44
Windmill

Chuck Blair fought the good ( worthy, honorable, and noble) fight , brother Charles has finished the race, and kept (firmly held) the faith. 2Timothy 4:7-8 Amp. Chuck is absent from the body, and present with the Lord Jesus. 2Corinthians 5:8
While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease, Genesis 8:22 Amp.
Windmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 11:03 AM   #45
DFW_Warrior

I never got the chance to meet Chuck in person. From the sights and sounds of it, it looks like I really missed out. TWT lost a good one for sure.

We'll never know our full potential unless we push ourselves to find it. It's this self discovery that inevitably takes us to the wildest places on Earth.
DFW_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 12:14 PM   #46
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

I will likely be riding to the service. According to his wife, bikes ARE welcome!

Total Forum Supporter Donations For October: $323.43 - Previous Month: $685.11 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 128 Current Forum Supporters out of 20679 Users (0.62%)

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Old 04-23-2016, 08:05 AM   #47
Fangs

Saw this a few days ago but kinda at a loss for words.

I met Chuck at the Rock House outside Lajitas. Knew he was different in a good way almost immediately.
We discovered we lived in the same city. Talked to and saw him occasionally...he always had time to have a conversation.
Had a problem with one of my motorcycle registrations upon plate renewal time.

Called him to see if he had any info to share. I was a little irritated with the government renewal annex because they would not renew it, would not say why either.

In his laid back way he reminded me I have a 5 day grace period for renewal so "stop by Kroger on the way to his house...they will renew it no questions asked" ...he was right they did! I instantly felt better.

He told me to bring title and plate renewal to his house so we could compare it to his title and renewal.
We both owned a Honda XR650R. We figured out the local annex that did the title transfer had made a mistake on original off-road title to on road title application which carried over to the state title and renewal. Problem solved after applying for yet another title.

We definitely lost a great one.

Good man....like I said I'm at a loss for words.

Last edited by Fangs; 04-23-2016 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Details
Fangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 09:18 AM   #48
Fangs

Re: In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post
He had a quality about him that was almost reverent.

Chuck was a good man. In the ways the definition a "good man" is often lost these days.
After rereading some posts I saw this in Chuck also.
Fangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 07:45 PM   #49
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Please pray for Chuck "CeeBee" Blair

Just got home. I rode there and then took the long way home just for some therapy. It was a great service. There were quite a few people that spoke. It was very moving. Chuck had the same impact on people everywhere he went.

I got to speak with Tawnya briefly. She has read this thread and has seen all the great pics. She really appreciates it. In her words, Chuck absolutely loved his TWT riding buddies, all the rides and trips he did, and constantly looking forward to the next adventure. Bob's tribute and photo were on the back of the service bulletin. It was perfect and totally fit with the comments of the speakers.

We need a good trip to Mexico in honor of Chuck...

Quote:

Old 04-23-2016, 08:06 PM   #50
tricepilot

Our Look Into Big Bend National Park From Mexico 2016

This is just after high noon, this past February 28th, a Saturday. I had to count several times to make sure. Yes, this was less than two months ago.

JT scouted this route, and we rode with him into Mexico at Ojinaga. We were in Terlingua for the 2016 Uncles Around the Bend, but we wanted to see Texas and the Park from the bluffs on the Mexico side.

Yes, that's the Rio Grande down there, 1,500 feet below Chuck and I in this photo.

You can see how satisfied Chuck was to be experiencing this. He appreciated being in the moment. And what a moment it was. Most of us, who visit Big Bend National Park, go so see Santa Elena Canyon inside the park. The Rio Grande splits it between the US and Mexico. We all see it from the US side, and we wonder what is up there, beyond those bluffs. That Saturday, we got to find out.

Up RR 170 (one of the 10 best motorcycle roads in the USA, according to sources), to Presidio, where we dropped our trucks and unloaded the dirt bikes. Across at Ojinaga and down around to Manuel Benevides. Then through the Mexican desert to the climb to the bluffs. This view is our reward. And we sat up there for the better part of an hour. Chuck had that look on his face the whole time.

1,500 feet closer to Heaven. Chuck is already there. He has an even better view than this, the ultimate view.

The peace you see in him in the photo has been superseded by the ultimate peace.

Last edited by tricepilot; 04-23-2016 at 08:13 PM.
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 08:50 PM   #51
mr-roboto

I never personally met him, but I enjoyed his dual-sport reports and stories. I know many of the TWTEX family were touched by him in many ways.

My prayers and thoughts are with his family and friends.

Regards,

Fred
Old 04-23-2016, 10:34 PM   #52
Coolhand

Man you guys are killin me here... stuff in my eyes and something in my throat. I think what says a lot, maybe all, about a person is what people say when they pass. By the measure of folks on here, who I have the highest opinion of, he was a heck of a guy.
Coolhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 11:33 PM   #53
miltonotto

My contribution to the memories. Tula, 2015.
This pretty much says it all.
By the way, I'm kinda pissed at Chuck. For leavin' us this way.

~C. S. Lewis

Why My Friends Won't Ride With Me

He's a tour guide, John, what the bleep does he know?"

Wrong Way 'Round the Bend 2011
Uncle's Around the Bend, the Wrong way
Harleys 2 Mexico 2009 Tour
MexTrek 2008
Mexico March Ride (2008)
Peru, 2003
miltonotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 09:05 AM   #54
_RG_

Chuck went quickly doing something he loved. We should all be so blessed.

He touched the lives of good people who feel they are better for having known him. What better eulogy can be professed of one's life?

Friends, celebrate a life well lived.

Last edited by _RG_; 04-26-2016 at 11:34 AM.
_RG_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 11:25 AM   #55
RacerJohn

Oh my, I just found this thread. I did not know about this until today. This is very sobering news.

I went to Galeana with him, Rich, Milton, JT, Scott and a few more a few years ago. Chuck was very likeable. He gave me a nickname on that trip which I never understood, but he made me laugh. He called me, "Hollywood".

As usual we had our share of breakdowns. Chuck was the man who could fix any bike problem. And he was so patient. And he did fix a lot of bikes on that trip. Scott's KTM had an unusual electrical problem. Chuck located the problem, he found a creative solution, and we were back on the road. I was very impressed by him.

I thought, "man, if I ever come back to Mexico, I want Chuck Blair with me!"

Tricepilot: great words above. Scott: thanks for sharing the above pics....

Tawnya Blair and family: our deepest sympathy for the loss of a wonderful man.
Old 04-27-2016, 11:14 AM   #56
Shadman
TWT Site Sponsor

I collected $100 in donations after Uncle's this year for the Starlight Theater, but the owner Lisa said not to send. Been sitting in my paypal account. I think it is fitting to send this donation in Chuck's memory to Tawnya. Godspeed Chuck. You will be missed.
Old 04-27-2016, 11:22 AM   #57
philipbarrett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadman View Post
I collected $100 in donations after Uncle's this year for the Starlight Theater, but the owner Lisa said not to send. Been sitting in my paypal account. I think it is fitting to send this donation in Chuck's memory to Tawnya. Godspeed Chuck. You will be missed.
Approved.

2010 BMW F800GS "Buck"
2002 KTM 300EXC
2015 Husqvarna FE501S
1975 Honda CB400F
philipbarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 11:31 AM   #58
tricepilot

Quote:
Great idea!
Old 04-27-2016, 12:36 PM   #59
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Quote:
Tawnya asked that donations be made to this organization, which Chuck supported,

http://www.nbt.org/LIVE.html

Quote:

Old 05-01-2016, 08:01 AM   #60
mcrider

A group of us went to Copper Canyon in 2005. When they all could not go to Costa Rica in 2007, posted on TWT for additional riders to join us. This guy CeeBee answered. I did not know if he was a good rider or what, so I ask a lot of question. He went with and turned out to be a good rider and a good friend.

Below are random pictures of Chuck from our Costa Rica trip.

Night out

StingRay, He found a whole fish.

Breakfast day one.

Sunday April 17, 2016 my friend Chuck Blair "CeeBee" Left to ride at greater heights forever. R.I.P. CeeBee.
mcrider is offline   Reply With Quote