• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HONDA XR650L OWNER'S SIGN IN

Great to meet everyone that came out today. I was the first to wuss out. Did the first loop, and just had armpump that kicked me from the first quarter of the ride on. After the noon break, everyone else went and rode some more, and I packed up and went home. TONS of sand and woops. I had no idea it was like that. Had a blast fellas!

Enjoyed riding with everyone again and meeting a few new faces that I knew only from the forum. Hey JBird, look for my readers in your truck and if you find them, hold them for the next time we ride.
Fiddy, next time is at Hidden Falls. Maybe "Sanford" can come along.
Gary look for a PM.
Danny, let's ride anytime. Just don'e expect me to keep up.
Woodsguy, You're going to have to show me how to ride that bike you sold me. It's beginning to grow on me.
And Silverbullet, I still have 4.5 gallons of premix. Get your bike running.

m

I had a blast too. Colton did as well. I enjoyed seeing old faces as well as new. The last four years of sitting behind a desk have made me soft. I need to get in better shape for sure.

I didn't notice them when I cleaned out the truck earlier M, but will look again.

It was great riding and meeting everyone. It was a little humid out there today but loved all the whoops and sand. Definitely can't wait for the next ride. I'm going to have to change up my rear sprocket so I don't ride around in 1st gear the whole time.

I wasn't in on this ride just with a buddy but was great to see JMZ and Meriden!

I heard you were riding red. new CRF450RX ? thoughts? first impressions?
If that bike sticks with you and you sell your 300 XCW you'll be without a KTM while owning two BMW's. Did dirtryder Joe have an intervention with you or is he spiking your orange koolaid with drugs? Lol

_

Who's handguards got the MVP award? As in "most valuable protection" from saving damage due to the most spills?

_

Who's handguards got the MVP award? As in "most valuable protection" from saving damage due to the most spills?

_

I don't recall anyone taking a nap. Colton got a little hung up right out of the chute, but that was just a traffic stop compounded by the sand and the only thing that touched the ground was his boots. How I managed to stay upright with those KTM brakes is unknown. I've never skidded the front so much.

20170520_155047_zps6jteccf1.jpg

sent with 2 cans and a wire

_

Colton and I both laid our bikes on the ground. Mine was after a break to let the group get back together. I just got going and looked back to make sure Colton got going and a downed limb caught the rear tire and it stalled as was not on the gas at all. I waived to the crowd as I picked it up and we were off again. Later Colton lost the front in a sandy turn. This flooded his bike. When I got back Fiddy was trying to start Colton's bike. It took all three of us to get it going. That was the beginning of the end for me. I can usually get it going with a few kicks but this time it was not having it. The heat and not moving got me. I lost my mojo and could not seem to ride smooth after this. He also dropped it one more time when we meet some riders going opposite from us. He slowed in the sand and dropped it. This time I kicked it about five times and no go. I was exhausted so I ate a piece of granola bar and sipped water while the bike sat. Colton gave three or four kicks with one sign of life. I then kicked it to life on the second try. Fiddy and Danny came back to check on us just as we got rolling. I must be getting old because I sure do like that magic button.

There were a couple of shortcuts between trees that I was real happy I made it through them. One sandy corner, I found myself leaning hard to the left and something in the back of my mind kicked in from a previous experience. I pulled my shoulder in, just missing a good size tree. It was probably a good thing my bike died before I ended up a casualty.

I am interested in another set of wheels for the XR650L, possibly motard wheels. Any thoughts or ideas on a good price or place to find them other than Ebay?

Thanks,
Vaughn

I am interested in another set of wheels for the XR650L, possibly motard wheels. Any thoughts or ideas on a good price or place to find them other than Ebay?

Thanks,
Vaughn

Vaughn PM Marko "thebigman" Good chance he has both motard and dirt sets available if you're willing to drive to Galveston.

_

I've got a front wheel off an XR600R, it was built by Buchanan's with a17" rim. I'm near Brenham. PM me if interested.

Have been wanting to check out HF for years. Unfortunately, I fubar'ed my right arm on the Africa Twin and will probably be out for riding offroad for a while. The AT is fine, but I have very limited movement with my arm. Going to the orthopedic doctor next week.

Back