• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Newbie from Nacogdoches, Texas

Reaction score
First Name
Ferris
Last Name
Fain
Hello,

Pentonrider is Ferris Fain and I'm from Nacogdoches, Texas. Charter member of Cycleland Family Park and raced motocross over 40 years ago. Then started racing enduros in the late 70's. Worked at the Penton/Yamaha shop in college and had several Penton's 125's, 175 and 250. Currently have a KTM 200 EXC 2008 and a KTM 450 EXC 2007. Looking to ride DS events and trail rides, no more racing, too slow. Cheers. I do have a website for pictures that I have taken over the years. ferrisfain.com. Enjoy.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

If you are up for some riding in Colorado, there are a lot of us heading up their to ride in a few weeks. We'll be riding Aug 19-25 (Sun-Fri). Basing out of Ouray.

Hay there Ferris !!!!
Glad to see you found the TWT forum.
There is a pretty good group of us that ride DS from Nac. And around east texas. We have been making some rides to Oklahoma and Arkanasas. We don't even try to be as fast as McNight :rofl: for us it's more about seeing the countryside and doing some camping off the bikes.
I am an old rider also, never messed with the Penton's I was busy keeping my Ossa's Bultaco's Jawa ect. Running.

Hello,

Pentonrider is Ferris Fain and I'm from Nacogdoches, Texas. Charter member of Cycleland Family Park and raced motocross over 40 years ago. Then started racing enduros in the late 70's. Worked at the Penton/Yamaha shop in college and had several Penton's 125's, 175 and 250. Currently have a KTM 200 EXC 2008 and a KTM 450 EXC 2007. Looking to ride DS events and trail rides, no more racing, too slow. Cheers. I do have a website for pictures that I have taken over the years. ferrisfain.com. Enjoy.

Hi, Ferris. Good to have you here. Had no idea you were a rider. Hope our paths cross.
Bill

:welcome: to TWT! I'm not one of the DS riders, I'm strictly road, and I'm in San Antonio. Enjoy...lots of knowledge out here.

Welcome Ferris. Many fond memories racing at Cycleland, thanks for the work I'm sure you put in. I've done hundreds of hours of trail work myself. Come ride the East Tex 450 in October with us!

Back