• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Dam to Dam around the Lakes Sat 12/2 Austin/ Sun 12/3 Travis

Reaction score
Planning to find the longest way around:trust: on the curviest paved roads with lots of roads dead ending at the lakes.
I'm a newbie at this so I figured I'd stay closer to home and practice up on it, I'm a very experienced dirt rider, just not "urban adventure". I assumed I'm more likely to find some fellow riders staying more local so I'm not going it alone.

I could start from either dam area, Tom Miller or Mansfield. Saturday should be about a 1/2 day shakedown, and Sunday should be using up a lot more daylight and fuel.

I've toyed around with some trip planning apps today, can't get any of them to do what I want, is there a preferred app, especially if you can track your group?

I'll be on a '15 Beta 500 RS dual sport, by looking at the projected routes, it would be a blast even if you're on a Harley :rider: The forecast looks good.
If anyone wants to get dirty I'm game for stupid tricks on rocks at Emma Long and/or Hidden Falls?

Last edited:
Saturday will be the TARA ride, which is on the north side of the lake. Maybe we'll pass your group.

Last edited:
Go to "general dirtyness"
Go to: "upcoming rides" or "TARA" (can't remember which is listed first)
In TARA section, go to monthly rides.

TARA rides are the first Saturday of every month. December is Lime Crick Road.

Back