• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

And yet another new rider from central TX...

Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Fry
I'm a new guy... my name's Casey Fry. I recently bought a house in Leander, and currently ride a Honda NX650. I have an interest in all forms of riding, but am cursed with a particular passion for off-road and adventure touring. I've been on a 1-1/2 year hiatus from riding, a result of a nasty injury to my right wrist. Yep, the wrist that makes it all go. I'm on the road again, looking forward to what's to come.

:bigokay: Welcome Casey,

I think you will find that it is a good group here with a great mix of rides represented, including the "Dark Side" of ADV riders

"New Father and sleepy"? My wife's due Aug 27th. I see you managed to keep a bike, that's promising....

gotdurt said:
"New Father and sleepy"? My wife's due Aug 27th. I see you managed to keep a bike, that's promising....

Yeah, Connor was born last Thrusday and as of right now I get to keep both the SVS and the VFR. The trick comes in the next year or so when I want to sell the SV and get something like a KLR, DR or XL. Too many others with dual sports to not get one also. Besides, would love to get a little head start on the tkie before we get his first CR50.

There is a real nice KLR650 for sale right now in the For Sale forum ;-) Sell the SV now before it depreciates any further and go ahead and grab the KLR. You know you want to :-P

Tourmeister said:
There is a real nice KLR650 for sale right now in the For Sale forum ;-) Sell the SV now before it depreciates any further and go ahead and grab the KLR. You know you want to :-P

Only problem is I would like to be alive to enjoy both bikes. Think I would be committing suicide if I did something like that right now. Probably would come home to something slightly larger than this :biggun:

Oh come on! You just have to use the proper application of rationalization. Pitch it as "Look, we're not really riding the SVS any more, it is just soaking up payments and insurance. Let me replace it with somthing cheap, indestructable, SLOWER, etc,..." This way you'll have more money to spend on the baby stuff ;-)

Adios,

Congradulations Andy!

My thoughts exactly on the 50. The wife already gave me the go-ahead. I'm thinking when he takes his first 10 full steps....

I'm pretty educated on the subject of dual-sports. If you have any questions let me know.

Scott's right on the KLR....

HiSPL-
Art/ photography is currently a side thing. At the moment I work for Wilshire Homes in the design dept.

Tourmeister said:
Oh come on! You just have to use the proper application of rationalization. Pitch it as "Look, we're not really riding the SVS any more, it is just soaking up payments and insurance. Let me replace it with somthing cheap, indestructable, SLOWER, etc,..." This way you'll have more money to spend on the baby stuff ;-)

Adios,

Man, your killing me! :lol:

KLR's have changed very little in the last 15 years. You could be patient, find an older one for cheap. All the new goodies will fit....

Hello Casey,

Welcome to TWT!!! :bigokay: Congrats to you and your wife on the baby. This site has a great bunch of people. You will have to hook w/ Irondawg who also lives in Leander. Some of us from TWT spent New Years there and had a great time. :chug: You can read up on Irondawg by reading his thread in the Story Telling Section (The Big Trip). :eek:

Back