• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

That One Bike You Regret Selling!!!!

I regret selling the Hayabusa...

10399673_1036166804701_396856_n.jpg

Without a doubt the best ride I ever had. Since selling it I've tried 3 different ZRX1200R's and a Yamaha ThunderAce. I'm still restoring the ThunderAce, so it may prove to be the better bike, but we'll have to wait and see...

Where were you Mongo to slap me around when I was selling her! :mrgreen:
There is one at the Ducati/MV dealership in Austin that looks half-way decent. If you get bored and happen to stumble in there check it out for me!

You know, I feel that way about my 916/996 SPS! It just so happens I know a guy with a nice low mileage 3rd owner 916 monoposto,,,,,,

Where were you Mongo to slap me around when I was selling her! :mrgreen:
There is one at the Ducati/MV dealership in Austin that looks half-way decent. If you get bored and happen to stumble in there check it out for me!

Lol. Sorry I didnt stop you. There will be more...

I saw it when I dropped mine off for an electrical fix. I'll check it out tomorrow when I pick mine up. It looked decent, but needs a little love from what I remember.

Lol. Sorry I didnt stop you. There will be more...

I saw it when I dropped mine off for an electrical fix. I'll check it out tomorrow when I pick mine up. It looked decent, but needs a little love from what I remember.

Yeah let me know what you think! Still keeping a lookout for a Superlight! There is a yellow one in California on Cycle trader; but they are wanting a king's ransom for it! Then again, it's California so the prices are always going to be inflated.

Yeah let me know what you think! Still keeping a lookout for a Superlight! There is a yellow one in California on Cycle trader; but they are wanting a king's ransom for it! Then again, it's California so the prices are always going to be inflated.

Will do. If the Ducati Superlight in California is the one I think it is, it belongs to a guy named Brian Pearson. I have inspected that bike very closely, it is literally as perfect an example as you will find. I do think it is priced too high though. Brian was part of the Ducati club that would meet for Laguna Seca MotoGP races. He would stay at the house with all of us. He's a unique individual, but his bikes are amazing.

Will do. If the Ducati Superlight in California is the one I think it is, it belongs to a guy named Brian Pearson. I have inspected that bike very closely, it is literally as perfect an example as you will find. I do think it is priced too high though. Brian was part of the Ducati club that would meet for Laguna Seca MotoGP races. He would stay at the house with all of us. He's a unique individual, but his bikes are amazing.

The bike is now on Ebay and they have lowered the price on Cylcetrader. It isn't perfect, a few scratches and there is a tear in the seat. So not sure if it is the same one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ducati-Supe...prg=20131017132637&rk=3&rkt=4&sd=181606773158

The bike is now on Ebay and they have lowered the price on Cylcetrader. It isn't perfect, a few scratches and there is a tear in the seat. So not sure if it is the same one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ducati-Supe...prg=20131017132637&rk=3&rkt=4&sd=181606773158

Not the same one. Brian's is **** near perfect. He was asking close to 20K!

I looked at the Austin Duc. Actually a good solid bike. Overall. Needs FCRs, a service, and some stickers removed. Looks like stock suspension as well. I dont care for the SL wording on the aftermarket tail, but thats an easy fix. Probably a 3K bike at best in my opinion.

The one I regret selling is my 06 50th anniversary R1, really loved that bike. Not to take away from my RC8 because I don't know that I would trade them, I would have both right now.
9dbcd9c160454d2a300e5076651deb21.jpg
e965fda117158d7ae40f5978430c2de2.jpg

Well I didn't really regret selling it, I regretted having a 24 year old wreck it out from under me by being inattentive... I regretted it so much I bought it's twin shortly thereafter.

Original Punkin playing DFW Tag:
EO5qBl.jpg

Smashed Punkin:
bYGpol.jpg

Punkin II:
NKXucNGl.jpg

My Rally Pig... spent a few years and some hard earned money building my ultimate dual sport rally bikes
xr650r
big bore 680 kit with stage 2 cams and 1mm larger valves. ported and blue printed.

CRF Showa USD forks with custom racetech valving
Custom showa rear shock lowered and custom valving.
excel rims
Kenaroo rally fairing (self designed and built) with aluminum subframe and rally navigation gear.
beef up and reinforced rear subframe
Street legal and plated..

didn't matter what terrain.. single track to 120 mph dirt roads (yes gps verified).. this bike could handle it all.

I got new bike fever and hastely sold it to a guy in Californian that paid me $7K cash for it.. thin I bought a Beta RR enduro bike.. about a month later.. I wished I didn't and have missed it ever since.

the only thing I'd change is add an electric start to the pig

1917802_1170795315697_4065717_n.jpg

My Rally Pig... spent a few years and some hard earned money building my ultimate dual sport rally bikes

xr650r

big bore 680 kit with stage 2 cams and 1mm larger valves. ported and blue printed.

CRF Showa USD forks with custom racetech valving

Custom showa rear shock lowered and custom valving.

excel rims

Kenaroo rally fairing (self designed and built) with aluminum subframe and rally navigation gear.

beef up and reinforced rear subframe

Street legal and plated..

didn't matter what terrain.. single track to 120 mph dirt roads (yes gps verified).. this bike could handle it all.

I got new bike fever and hastely sold it to a guy in Californian that paid me $7K cash for it.. thin I bought a Beta RR enduro bike.. about a month later.. I wished I didn't and have missed it ever since.

the only thing I'd change is add an electric start to the pig

1917802_1170795315697_4065717_n.jpg

I wouldn't use that thing like it deserved to be used, but I sure would like to have it.

I miss this one for the sheer joy of riding it. Put about 80K miles on this one and had an ABS pump failure also about the time a good friend was killed by an inattentive driver. Should have just fixed it instead of selling it and kept riding at the time.
DSC_1715-L.jpg

And this one I miss for it's sheer beauty. 2006 R1150GSA/SE. A real collectors bike.
i-jJdNjbm-L.jpg

You guys! I feel vindicated! I would still have my first wife if she'd been smart enough to be faithful. As it is, I still have my old '81 S-10 pick-up at 685,575mi (NEVER LEFT ME ON THE ROAD), my circa 1947 Second wife at 17 years (Never left me mad), and my old '81 Virago 750 (129,xxx), which kept running just well enough to give me incentive to fine-tune the parts the JAP engineers forgot. So now, it starts when I want it to, and gets me home from far parts of the country, and is PAID FOR. I've never gone for flash; I just want a bike I know well and that allows me to relax through the miles.

Funny this pops up. I have thought fondly of a few bikes. I "re-bought" an SR500E and I loved it, but after I fixed it all up, it was just another old bike, so someone on here bought it, hope he still loves it like I did.

But! I had a 2005 Suzuki DR-Z400SM. I spent time and cash on it, and sold it. Then regretted it .

P6243881.jpg

P6243888.jpg

I tried hard to buy it back, but the current owner is smarter than that. So I bought another one, a 2006. After purchase and farkling (big bore, FCR-MX carb, unobtanium cams, springs, hoses, SSW MRD exhaust, fat bars and other stuff) of about $4K. I sold it to my buddy who lives in Tennessee. Fast forward to Oct. He wants to sell it, so I bought it back for the price I sold it to him. I bought an RCS M/C, new suspension, and odd farkles here and there. It already has a brembo front brake caliper and rotor. So it is almost finished. Maybe a wide ratio tranny and a stroker crank will end it. I always wanted the bike back after I sold it. So I am waiting for us to work out the transport with another buddy who is coming here for Christmas. Life is good, but expensive.

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0304.jpg

Back