• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Adventure Rider Breakfast Series - Saturday 11/17/18 @ 9a Backyard Bistro - TARA/SA

44114353350_4ebaa4feb1_h.jpg
DSC06502 by AvantMotorcycles, on Flickr

45881029542_1007ca56b8_h.jpg
DSC06506 by AvantMotorcycles, on Flickr

45881036742_dda1dcbf89_h.jpg
DSC06512 by AvantMotorcycles, on Flickr

44114382280_bc493f489c_h.jpg
DSC06513 by AvantMotorcycles, on Flickr

45018240725_a0bce614d3_h.jpg
DSC06517 by AvantMotorcycles, on Flickr

30991709237_93ca77ff34_h.jpg
DSC06520 by AvantMotorcycles, on Flickr

StromXTC, I would love to do this ride with you any Sunday or Monday. Would have really enjoyed the ride, but my work schedule is Tuesday- Saturday. Oh and a little warmer than yesterday. But will be ordering a heated vest as soon as the 1/2 off order is available.

Bradley Nelson
573-528-5212

StromXTC, I would love to do this ride with you any Sunday or Monday. Would have really enjoyed the ride, but my work schedule is Tuesday- Saturday. Oh and a little warmer than yesterday. But will be ordering a heated vest as soon as the 1/2 off order is available.

Bradley Nelson
573-528-5212

Appreciate it. I live 1.5 hr south of s.a. so I only come up for the "meets".

Some 3rd Saturday you should take stock of how bad you feel and take a "sick day" some times Sander has to schedule on Sunday so perhaps it will work out for you in the future.

I did a heated seat on my ride and didn't even need it

Cheers

First video

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rO7obVGZ-M"]November Texas Hill Country Adventure / Dual Sport Motorcycle Ride Water Crossing - YouTube[/ame]

This will be the last post breakfast adventure ride of the year.

There will be a December breakfast, but the ride afterward will be dirt only. So much so I'll be trailering out my 2 stroke. More info coming next month...

Dirt only! I'm in! Can't wait to see this route.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMNw00KgmCo"]November Texas Hill Country Adventure / Dual Sport Motorcycle Ride Water Crossing - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxCqZ4vzVLk"]November Texas Hill Country Adventure / Dual Sport Motorcycle Ride Water Crossing - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmv_YgM_jKs"]November Texas Hill Country Adventure / Dual Sport Motorcycle Ride Water Crossing - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYH_IMG9j7U"]November Texas Hill Country Adventure / Dual Sport Motorcycle Ride Water Crossing - YouTube[/ame]

I just ordered my new 2019 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE!!! It has a 21"front tire that is 3/4 in thiner than the ducati Desert sled's 19" 3" front tire AND... it has 2" more front travel too!!! it weighs 25lbs more than the DUC but has 90HP vs the DUC's 75hp.... it looks like a winner too me!!!! should be here in March of 2019!!!
-Marc

I just ordered my new 2019 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE!!! It has a 21"front tire that is 3/4 in thiner than the ducati Desert sled's 19" 3" front tire AND... it has 2" more front travel too!!! it weighs 25lbs more than the DUC but has 90HP vs the DUC's 75hp.... it looks like a winner too me!!!! should be here in March of 2019!!!
-Marc

:clap:!!!!!!!!!

Looks like it was a great ride and so many water crossings :clap: Sorry to have missed it. My bike died a few blocks from home that morning :( Blown fuse near the battery - still haven't root caused it. But looking forward to the next ride!

-Marc

WOW, that is a unique looking bike. Nice choice. Will be a head turner just like the sled was. You should open a thread so we can pick it apart :mrgreen:

We all loved that sled bike, except of the licence plates parts falling off:lol2:

Jeez, 10 in suspension travel, and tubless spokes, parallel twin 80hp and 456lbs . This is the good stuff.

Jeez, 10 in suspension travel, and tubless spokes, parallel twin 80hp and 456lbs . This is the good stuff.

I believe it's closer to 90HP but 81ft lbs of torque!!!!!….dealer told me today it will arrive a month early..so FEBURARY it is!

Last edited:
I believe it's closer to 90HP but 81ft lbs of torque!!!!!….dealer told me today it will arrive a month early..so FEBURARY it is!

By god i will race ya with my smoken 72 horses and 515lb plus fatbutt rider strom 650 :lol2:

I did a rolling start with a gs 1200 and got spanked :brainsnap

hi, unfortunately I couldn't join and plan to run this trail this Dec, can you share a detailed map ?
BTW, any off-road recommendations will be highly appreciated - Thanks

hi, unfortunately I couldn't join and plan to run this trail this Dec, can you share a detailed map ?
BTW, any off-road recommendations will be highly appreciated - Thanks

Hi, details on post #1

Back