• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The shoes come off... getting comfy

I wear the Bates powers ports series which a friend told me about. Yeah they are lace ups, but I don't have to change out of them they are super comfortable. Waterproof and offer good protection without slipping on anything.

I wear a pair of Icon short motocross boots. They look like ski boots, and are just as hard to walk in. I just leave a pair of shoes at the office.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Lace up Redwings, the couple of nasties I have had they have come through fine...there are some SCARY pics that go round social media regarding foot injury...I lace up every time.....:sun:

I watched a video on youtube where it picks up in the ER after the motorcycle crash; triple amputation after flying 150ft through the air and striking a sign for a gas station. While that is probably over the top for most accidents, you could not dismiss the carnage and lack of riding gear. just tragic.

I'd love to find a pair of real adventure/wheeler boots (MX boots with traction treads) that fit my wide feet. I don't think they exist. So, OSHA approved industrial work boots, composite crush proof toes and ankles along with puncture proof composite inside the soles. These usually come in a lace up style, but I can sometimes find them with side zips along with the laces. I then superglue the laces to prevent loose strings which become a safety hazard. I also insist on composite armor because metal armor conducts heat in when it is hot and out when it is cold. Insulated versions are great in winter. Some are also waterproof and make excellent cool weather comfort items.

Comfortable (my size), composite armor, insulated, waterproof, with side zips are ideal for winter but really hard to find for any price. Cost is usually comparable to good quality motorcycle boots, though I once found a few pairs at Walmart for just under $50. Thought I'd gone to heaven. Same featured boots without insulation are my choice for summer, but equally hard to find.

Why the hassle? Wreck this summer resulted in road rash on shin from bottom of knee armor to top of boot. Swelling and bruising of calf from just below knee to top of boot. Pretty much damage to gear looks like knee armor and boots supported the drop guards and luggage grinding right foot and lower leg into asphalt at 60mph, resulting in a bit of bruising and twisting and road rash. I'm not real sure because I was out cold before hitting the ground. 10 weeks latter, barely a bit of visible scaring, swelling and bruising gone, NO BROKEN BONES, and NO CHRONIC PAIN. The boots are well and deeply scarred. That's why the hassle.

Wish my hands felt as good. I WILL be investing a lot more time and probably money in gloves this time around. Learn and live, or act stupid and die. We each have the choice.

Back