• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Well it was raining....

OldTLSDoug

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
So, I put the new knobbies on the DR-Z70. I remembered it being much harder that it turned out being. I wonder if it is a false memory? Or have I developed mad manual tire changing skills? These things are beyond the knowledge required for retirement. But, as always, I will show a couple of pictures.

IMG_0590.jpg

IMG_0589.jpg

IMG_05921.jpg

And...Bob's your Uncle.:clap::clap:

I vote for mad skilz .... mini me DRZ looks like a hoot.

I also had fun ... dug up septic tank plugs for the honey wagon.

6cff8520d303b68842c71d76c0bf835b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You put new tires on, had fresh mud, and didn't go tear up the property? I'm disappointed!

I vote for mad skilz .... mini me DRZ looks like a hoot.

I also had fun ... dug up septic tank plugs for the honey wagon.

You know Mitch, you could have called and I would have told you I was busy!!! LOL:rider:

You put new tires on, had fresh mud, and didn't go tear up the property? I'm disappointed!

I didn't want to get it dirty! But seriously, I am trying to get some grass to grow and it is pretty muddy off the road, so I could have stuck the little thing in the mud. So, no mud for me. Plus if I was going to play in it, I would think the Beta would be the ticket, sir.

20181002_164029.jpg

Retirement has dulled my mad skilz ...

My beautiful bride is retiring today as well. Life is indeed going pretty well. I am blessed and thankful for every moment. Luckily, there are motorcycles to fix and ride that will last far longer than I will. I am already into bartering with motorcycle repairs to enable future motorcycle repairs....hee hee.

Don't you dare get that beautiful Beta muddy! That is for climbing and being stupid on, not for mud!

So you do have a sensitive underbelly I see. Today I played add outlets and cover the wall. Lots more to do, just warming up. Woo Hoo.

Out of the hundreds of tires I've changed on all kinds of bikes, the hardest tire change I've ever experienced was doing the little 12" tires on my daughter's CRF50!! It didn't help that I had to REALLY pay attention to my vocabulary at the time because she was helping me :doh: I finally taught her a valuable lesson. When something is being this difficult, you are obviously doing something wrong. It's a good idea to step back, grab a cold drink, and sit down and watch a few YouTube videos of people doing it right. In the end, we didn't do anything different than before, but it just seemed to get a lot easier after that break.

Out of the hundreds of tires I've changed on all kinds of bikes, the hardest tire change I've ever experienced was doing the little 12" tires on my daughter's CRF50!! It didn't help that I had to REALLY pay attention to my vocabulary at the time because she was helping me :doh: I finally taught her a valuable lesson. When something is being this difficult, you are obviously doing something wrong. It's a good idea to step back, grab a cold drink, and sit down and watch a few YouTube videos of people doing it right. In the end, we didn't do anything different than before, but it just seemed to get a lot easier after that break.

You did it without curse words? I thought the only way to change those devil tires was with a big glob of curse words. And even having been in the Marine Corps, I didn't know enough words to get that tire on easily.

It is funny, since I found it to be pretty easy to do this time. I think the key to easily changing the little 10 in tires is to have them securely supported. My best method to date is to clamp the axle in a vice. Also get really good tire tools. That is the best idea AND you MUST have at least three. I was a little worried taking off the tubeless scooter tires. I shouldn't have worried, proper technique and good tools prevail in most instances.

...proper technique and good tools prevail in most instances.

That right there is the biggest piece of wisdom I ever learned. It is amazing how well it applies to so many different areas of life as well.

I fear the smoke wrench, not sure I can operate it safely. But, I shall have one.

Back