• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Shreveport strikes again...

bilgepump

My Email is Dead!
Reaction score
Howdy all,
Looks like you've got another military rider from Shreveport- I'm originally from the Houston area (Columbus, TX- just west) and lived in College Station for about a year while I was going to A&M- I rode a crappy 1988 VLX600 back then, my first bike. I finally bought a real bike about a year ago- a few pictures of my 2002 VFR800 here. So far I've found some pretty awesome roads in AR and the Talimena Trail in OK but around Shreveport it takes some looking to find twisty back roads that aren't full of holes. Love the bike, almost up to 10k miles- next I'm working on picking up some leathers and boots so I can start doing some trackdays with it too.
Thanks for your email, Scott. My account sat inactive for a while because I couldn't open my hotmail account from work- stupid filter!
Anyways, great website- definitely a lot of good roads out there, sometimes it just takes getting totally lost to find them!

Welcome to the group. We are starting to get a few more "ferners" here and thats great. Can get more insight on the state of riding outside of Texas.

BTW, nice ride, we have just a few viffer riders here and its always nice to get another.

Welcome aboard!
Now we'll have some friends to stop by and visit if we ride into/through LA.

Bilgepump is right...I've only been biking about a year here in Shreveport, and I have yet to find any roads that allow for knee-scraping fun (at least none that don't scream death when you run through the risk management in your head)...there is one road around the lake off of I-220 Lakeshore Dr offers one (count it), one nice S-turn for you to flick the bike into.

Welcome to the site.

My Dad was in the Air Force. We followed those 8 engine Behemoths around the country and the world. He did not fly, he worked with the armaments that glow in the dark.

I have a VFR also. It is great fun for the track days. Handles way better than I can ride.

Welcome aboard. We seem to have a lot more Aggies on here than from other schools. I guess word of mouth is still mostly restricted to this area.. :-|

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I'm heading out for the ozarks again in a few days for some scrapin' action- with duct tape holding my front fender on after the UPS truck delivering my saddlebags backed into the bike and cracked it off (no other damage than just the fender, luckily)! He payed me cash for the damage but no time to fix it before i take off... oh well. Now i'm eying this cool carbon fiber replacement: http://www.streetfighters-usa.com/carbo_tech_honda.htm. Mmmmmm, carbon fiber...

I'll try to take some pictures of my trip to post...

Bilgepump, know what you mean about Shereveport/Bossier. I spent 5 years there as a B-52 gunner with the 62BMS. Great food though. Since retiring and living in Fort Worth we have made the trip to Ralph and Kacoo's a couple of times for an authentic touch of LA. Thanks for your service. Ride safe.

Back