• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Memorial day weekend with Rita

Reaction score
Friday could not get here fast enough..... We have had lots of not so great news and needed a get away. 5 o'clock came and we blasted off for Austin.
We were lucky the traffic was light and in less than 3 hours we were in the Hilton with some cold ones iced down preparing to watch a little Basketball.
Saturday we awoke earley and headed south toward Wimberly then down to 32 and the Back Bone.West to 473 with Sisterdale and Kendailia just down the road.
We came up on a large group of cruisers just before we crossed 281. They all merged right and let us pass.We stoped in Sisterdale to check out the Winery. It was a nice self guided tour.
On to Luckenbach,Fredricksburg and The Willow City Loop. Fredricksburgh was packed and we left quickly. The loop had a little traffic, and lots of Indian paint brush, and Brown Eyed Susans. What few Bluebonnets they had this year were dried up along time ago.
From There we headed out through Sandy and then up 281 to Marble Falls. At Marbel Falls we started in toward Austin on 1431. The best section (2 lane) was packed!
We treated ouselves to a great dinner at the Roaring Fork on Congress and then off to 6th street and the warehouse district for some live music. We were lucky enough to hit some great bands. We listened to some Rock,Blues,and Country.
Out Early Sunday morning to meet my oldest daughter in Marbel Falls at the Bluebonnett for breakfast. We left on 2222 and the on to Lime creek rd and 1431. There was no traffic at all!!!! I haven't been through there in 25 years! It has sure grown up that way. After a long visit with my daughter we headed up through Burnett then west to Lake Buchanan(spelling) around the lake then down Park rd 4.
South of Marbel Falls we caught 2147 to 71 to 620 back to the Austin area and The Hamilton Pool. From there we went through Bee Caves then back to Austin.
We grabbed some burgers at the "Hut" and watched the last 1/2 of the 500. What a finish by Marco!!!!!!. After all the food and riding it was time for some exercise. We walked around dowtown for a while then back for more Basketball and an earley evening.
Monday was here way to quick. Back to Conroe and only a slight chance of rain. As we turned off of 3083 we caught a quick shower.
I am now warmed up and ready for Pauls ride to the Lower End of the Hill Country.
Steve N Rita

Wow, sounds like a great weekend! Glad you guys had a good time.

You deserved a nice little get away, buddy! Glad you guys had a great time.:mrgreen:

Cruzintexas said:
...I am now warmed up and ready for Pauls ride to the Lower End of the Hill Country.
Steve N Rita
Sounds like ya'll had an enjoyable preview. Even if you had taken all the same roads and routes there wouldn't be any real downside - you could think of it as taking a second lap. :thumb: :rider:

Back