• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

El Paso assistance

Reaction score
I'm stuck in El Paso for the night while my bike is fixed at Viva. I was hoping there was a couch or floor space I could sleep on tonight instead of getting another hotel.
Feel free to shoot me a text
979.three 2 four.9 two 5 four

Good, glad you made it to this site. Saw your post on ADVrider. I'm not close to you, but I hope one of the folks in that area can help.

Sorry, my parents are out of the country. Otherwise there would have been no issue with them picking you up and put me up for the night. Sorry

I knew there was a tent space on ADVrider but I forgot about it, it's been a while since I've gone to areas I don't know anyone. Thanks for the reminder. On a good note, the bike turns on again, as it blew a fuse and relay just west of Marfa on 90 and just turned off. The BMW tech Jose, and Service Manager here at Viva are going out of their way to get me back on the road.

I hope you will let us know how you make out.
Bike got fixed, then I went and tanked up and when I started it back up, a wire was smoking. Luckily someone, Silverbulit, saw this post and they're in town too so I have a bed tonight. Hopefully the dealer can figure it out tomorrow. I found 3 blown fuses so I'm guessing a relay may be blown too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Electrical problems suck!

Sounds like something is shorting possibly. Smoke + Fuel = :eek2:

3 blown fuses? Any common systems among them? That might lead you to the location of the problem.

Glad you found some local help. Hope you get it resolved quickly and completely.

3 blown fuses? Any common systems among them? That might lead you to the location of the problem.

Glad you found some local help. Hope you get it resolved quickly and completely.
So....bike runs, however lights only work when the horn is pushed! Made it to Silver City

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

No matter where he is, SB is local.

Here he is in Arkansas helping some dummy that bent his rim in downtown Hot Springs [emoji15] [emoji15]
7bead6bae35b174cd90316320f5fbff9.jpg

Timing is everything, I was local by chance as only overnighting in El Paso. Started my day on a Sea of Cortez beach and had rode across Mexico. Checked into hotel, fueled up bike, grabbed food and a brew and was browsing TWT while having dinner. Saw his post, sent a text and he was there within the hour. I always get double beds when available as easier to throw my gear on. This night my gear got hung on hangers. He even got a free breakfast buffet in the morning. Happy always to assist another traveler. I slept on enough rest area concrete picnic tables to appreciate it.

So....bike runs, however lights only work when the horn is pushed! Made it to Silver City

Glad you made it to Silver. At least you can salvage a partial work gig to help pay back that repair bill. Next time BMW...Bring More Wrenches. That's my way of saying again don't buy that old 1150GS you talked about.

Here he is in Arkansas helping some dummy that bent his rim in downtown Hot Springs [emoji15] [emoji15]

At least you photo'd my best feature. Lol

_

Back