• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Possible trip, AZ BDR, leg south of I-10

G-RDR

Reaction score
I am thinking about riding the AZ BDR south of I-10 from south to north. There is a 3 mile deep sand section and I have been reading that some of the low crossings are a little washed out. I have not ridden this route before.

Anyone interested in going along?

Oh, and it will probably get near freezing at night and maybe rain some more.

Sounds fun, eh? :trust:

And don't forget about all the drug mules and human coyotes that are in that lower section. We have liberal gun laws in Arizona and I would advise you to take advantage of that.

...Anyone interested in going along?...

What bike are you riding?
When are you planning to ride it?
You realize that's not a very long section. Depending on how the BDR might zigzag only 1 or 1-1/2 days max. Considering it will be 1,000 miles to get there and 1,000 miles back, seems kinda short.

I'm not familar with the AZBDR route but I've ridden extensively all over that area on the big bike. Never found deep sand but maybe weather dependant.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

These are the types of signs you are likely to see.

smuggling_warning_sign.jpg

Along with numerous CBP vehicles.

Bisbee is a fun place to visit, brewery gulch is good for craft beer and the Copper Queen have a very nice breakfast.

Back