• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Austin TARA: Monthly ride

Was that you guys stopped for gas this afternoon around 4:00 @ Johnson City?

I saw a couple of KTMs and other motorcycles parked next to the pump. I was on a red scooter passing on the opposite side.

RB

Yes, That was the group I led today. 14 riders showed up to ride this morning so we split into two groups.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Will we be starting January with Wimberly?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Will we be starting January with Wimberly?

We will be discussing the 2019 routes at the Austin 1st Thursday meeting next week. After that I will update the routes/times/dates. Everyone is invited to the 1st Thursday meet and greet.

Was that you guys stopped for gas this afternoon around 4:00 @ Johnson City?

I saw a couple of KTMs and other motorcycles parked next to the pump. I was on a red scooter passing on the opposite side.

RB

What????? Did I see you where?? Darn!!!

We will be discussing the 2019 routes at the Austin 1st Thursday meeting next week. After that I will update the routes/times/dates. Everyone is invited to the 1st Thursday meet and greet.

Roger

Thank you all (esp Richard) for a great ride.
The usual thing: great people, great rout and even great weather.
IMHO, that is the best rout from the monthly twelve.

It’s always a pleasure to ride with y’all
Shai

Here is the link to the pics I took: https://www.richgibbens.com/Adventure/Motorcycle-Adventure/Hill-Country-Ride-Dec-2018/

PC020321-XL.jpg

Awesome pics, Rich. Thanks for sharing those and for your ride leadership. I was sorry to have to head home early mid–route, but got to enjoy that river crossing a second time on my way back home.

Riders,

I have re-worked the monthly routes for 2019 and have uploaded the new file. The link is in the first post in this thread. Please go to page one of this thread and follow the link to download the new routes.

Ugh, sorry to report that 'slow paul' had a pavement encounter on Nov 6th and is out of commission for the foreseeable future. I'm fine, the elderly BMW is not. Post pictures so I can vicariously enjoy the rides. - Paul

Riders,

Welcome to a new year and new rides. The first monthly ride of 2019 is Saturday, Jan 5th. The details are on the first post in this thread.

By request, I have updated the rides for 2019, increasing the length so that all rides are at least 125 miles long. The link to the updated routes is in the first post in this thread.

Looks like a beautiful day tomorrow, crisp in the morning and sunny all day. See you there.

I have a potential buyer for the VStar coming by tomorrow. Won't be able to make it...

I’m in see you there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a fun ride with y'all
The little Kawasaki KLX250 was at its limits with speed.
Was a nice run to ensure she is ok for Big Bend trip next month.
See y'all on next one in April (have other commitments till then)
Ben

Great ride today, even after factoring in 4 road closures and a stern talking to from the authorities :) Lots of new faces.

Combine a large group of adventure motorcyclists, multiple road closures due to high water crossings, and rural county law enforcement. We really just wanted to see how high the water was, officer :)

Sounds like a replay of the hill country 500 minus the warning. Guess they mean business. This is what we want , rough roads.

Back