• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rick's Rides

I think I remember seeing a link to his site once before, but this was the first time I'd looked through his rides and info.

WOW!

I gotta say, I know nothing about riding around Austin, but when I do (possibly as soon as this weekend) I think I'll be using one of his routes. The Marbe Falls route looks nice - 77 miles, but scenic and fun!

SVinAustin and I have ridden with these folks (he more than I).

Rick is awesome in his preparation for a nice ride. It has grown to the point where he got voted best motorcycle group or somesuch this year in Ride Texas magazine.

It's mainly a cruiser crowd, and the emphasis is on safety and smelling the flowers as opposed to Ricky Racer bombing runs.

There's usually a ride to some lunch or attraction, then ride back, with leisurely stops at relatively short intervals.

I'd ride with 'em more, but they like Saturdays, which I generally can't make, due to my tai chi class.

With the heat the way it is these days it would be great to get in an early morning breakfast ride on Sundays from Austin to Fredericksburg, Blanco, Llano, etc.

Anyone else interested?

Of course this Sunday is Father's Day :-)

This Sunday I'm only good for a brief hop. I want to be in South Austin by 10:00. However, that would still be enough time for a ride out to the bowling alley in Blanco (they serve a great breakfast!) if anyone's interested.

Next Sunday would be good, too. I might could round up a couple others, as well. Set a meeting place and time - for instance: the Exxon station on the northwest corner of Hwy 183 and Burnet, at 6:00? Shoot down Mopac to the Y in Oak Hill, and take yer pick of roads from there.

I am not able to do it this weekend. Maybe next Sunday depending on how I feel after a week of riding and a 400 mile day on Saturday.

We (my wife and I, 2-up) did a lunch ride to The Bluebonnet Cafe in Marble Falls yesterday. It was a pretty nice ride and a good lunch w/ pie. :-D

Back