• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bandit 1250 - Highest Mileage

Way to go on the 110K miles. Have had to slow down over the past 4 yrs so only up to 82K now. Be closer to 87K factoring in the speedohealers setting. Only averaging about 4K a year on it. But 5 K last two years on the KLR with 48K and sad but since I decided to play with a 95 Vette I bought from a friend, 3K miles in the last 4 months that might have been put on one of the bikes.

Way to go on the 110K miles. Have had to slow down over the past 4 yrs so only up to 82K now. Be closer to 87K factoring in the speedohealers setting. Only averaging about 4K a year on it. But 5 K last two years on the KLR with 48K and sad but since I decided to play with a 95 Vette I bought from a friend, 3K miles in the last 4 months that might have been put on one of the bikes.

I traded a KLR in for the Bandit..........Wish I could have kept both.

Yes, it's nice to have two different types of bikes. We still have many gravel roads where I live and I love to go see what's new on them as per country side. That's KLR territory. Then the occasional do a good 200 mile ride on an afternoon and that's Bandit territory. But, both bike are suffering in mileage so far this year with my heart surgery in Jan and both eye's having cataract surgery the last two months.
Not to mention selling my '95 C4 Corvette and finding an '03 to replace it. Hard to believe , but, the wife really rathers me out and about in the Vette than on the bikes. But, gotta have my 2 wheel therapy.

Yes, it's nice to have two different types of bikes. We still have many gravel roads where I live and I love to go see what's new on them as per country side. That's KLR territory. Then the occasional do a good 200 mile ride on an afternoon and that's Bandit territory. But, both bike are suffering in mileage so far this year with my heart surgery in Jan and both eye's having cataract surgery the last two months.
Not to mention selling my '95 C4 Corvette and finding an '03 to replace it. Hard to believe , but, the wife really rathers me out and about in the Vette than on the bikes. But, gotta have my 2 wheel therapy.

Hope ur recovery goes well. I get the two wheel therapy. It's rainy right now in Florida.......And I'm considering a rain ride....LOL!

2007 Bandit, 65,000 miles, never looked at the valves either.

Gas, oil (3000-4000 mile intervals), tires. Every year before vacation it gets air filter, spark plugs, and all fluids changed.

patrickspoint2%20036-XL.jpg

Still running the Speedohealer I installed when I first bought this bike in '08 so the ometer is still off by about 7% on the low side.

Have you ever checked your odo against GPS? Mine shows a little high compared to GPS. Of course, when I try to correct the VERY off speedo the odo shows VERY low.

I really wish there was a low-power monochrome GPS unit that we could stick on the windscreen. I thought about using a bicycle cyclometer, but those things are in the 300 buck range.

Yes did check my speedometer against GPS and Local police radar. If I remember right , it was around 3 mph high on the readings as to the actual. I've always had a GPS on my bikes to use as a rolling road map due to liking the roads less traveled and at times, download the track file just to see where I've been.
For example I took off in my car for a ride yesterday and I can't tell you all the little roads I was on. But, I do know a few of them were big time ruff, torn up blacktop and my car don't like them. ;-) My Suzuki don't even like them but not as much as the Vette. The KLR just don't care. ;-)

Wow! My mileage figures for the 1st half of this year are really down on the bikes. Mostly due to operation on heart and then eyes. Yes, the Vette dipped into that also. Figures from Jan 1 to Jul 1 are as follows

Suzuki Bandit > 2197
KLR > 418
Truck > 2526
C4 Vette > 616 then sold it
C5 Vette > 2469

Hello all. Just another update to an old thread. I turned 125,000 miles on the way to work this morning. Still running good and would ride it anywhere with no worries.

Hello all. Just another update to an old thread. I turned 125,000 miles on the way to work this morning. Still running good and would ride it anywhere with no worries.
That is just awesome news! I have only owned my '07 1250S since Nov of 2017...I have 16000 miles on it. And it wont ever see quite that mileage but it is really assuring to know they can endure the miles. I'm still farkling mine for comfort...just need 1" more of rise in my bars..already have 1" risers but I need a tad bit more..Y'all continue to have safe and happy miles...:clap:

Fantastic! Have you ever checked or adjusted the valve clearances?
My goal is to never remove the valve covers.
Keep us updated, I would like to see you get to 200,000!:chug:

that is so great! Congrats!
Since my crash 6 years ago and then heart surgery last year I'm having a problem getting the miles in I used to. Shame to think last year I only added 3300 miles to the Bandit which now sits at 89K plus miles. And, before I wrecked my body, 15 to 17K per years was the norm. Not counting my KLR miles, my DRZ 400 and DR 650 miles.

that is so great! Congrats!
Since my crash 6 years ago and then heart surgery last year I'm having a problem getting the miles in I used to. Shame to think last year I only added 3300 miles to the Bandit which now sits at 89K plus miles. And, before I wrecked my body, 15 to 17K per years was the norm. Not counting my KLR miles, my DRZ 400 and DR 650 miles.
Most sorry to learn of this..I too had a wreck in May 2017...Was riding a vintage yamaha and a lady pulled out of a shopping center without looking...Missed t-boning her and my bike made contact with her jeep..I went for a solo flight of 50 ft and landed on my head. Lucky me...LOL My HJC symax2 took the brunt of the impact..didnt break anything but sevserely brusied up my knees and neck and right foot..Took me 8 months to regain enough free range of motion to where I could swing my legs over another bike..
I wanted to go lighter and i did..almost 200 lbs lighter than my last ride...
This bike for me is not about LD rides..Done doing that..its dayrides and 2 laners..these bikes can cruise but i loath slabs...
Bottom line is we're still here..reduced mileage and all..Glad y'all survived to ride again..thats what counts...:rider:

Great that you're still riding. These hot temps have me choosing the Vette most afternoons but still manage to get Bandit out a few times a week for a couple hundred miles.

Great that you're still riding. These hot temps have me choosing the Vette most afternoons but still manage to get Bandit out a few times a week for a couple hundred miles.
Early a.m. and late evenings are my favorite times to ride during the summer...Nothing beats the fresh morning air..Here in NC it does cool down after the sun goes down..This a.m was 65*..open the windows sleepin weather too...

Update.

The bike is in storage (canadian winter obvsiously...) and I will be starting my 2019 season with 142000k on the Bandit. Might be adding 20000k this summer...

Stay safe out there!!!
Congrats. Even with Kilometers that's lots. I'm gonna attempt to roll my ometer over to 100,000 miles this year. If my old body let's me. LOL! Would be a bit easier if I had not of put a speedohealer on my bike right after buying it in '08. Had to do a -.07 on the system to get the speedometer accurate which slowed the ometer down that much also. So I'm actually about 7% over the 92K miles on the ometer.

Just thought I would update a really old thread. This past week coming home from work I rolled 110,000. Miles will roll up slower now as the bandit has to share seat time with a new to me bike. Bandit still will be my primary commuter do all bike.
Good to know about the mileage my bandit 1250 has 35k and it's a 2007 model

Back